Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
samanthamegan, rani singh, Alycia cullern, BritniDemps, skittles06
57334 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57334 Members
417 Forums
113322 Topics
804587 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 849
Beetlemess 438
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 361
Jana - Creativity Editor 326
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 62
Dorcy 62
Sandra Investing/HFinance 61
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Mona - Astronomy 44
Dianne W - Editor 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#679875 - 04/20/11 04:57 PM Game of Thrones
LML Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: PA, USA
Anyone else watching A Game of Thrones on HBO? So far I think they're doing a good job of following the book (of course there's only been one episode aired so far)

Add Game of Thrones to Twitter Add Game of Thrones to Facebook Add Game of Thrones to MySpace Add Game of Thrones to Del.icio.us Digg Game of Thrones Add Game of Thrones to Yahoo My Web Add Game of Thrones to Google Bookmarks Add Game of Thrones to Stumbleupon Add Game of Thrones to Reddit
#679887 - 04/20/11 05:29 PM Re: Game of Thrones [Re: LML]
Peter - Wine Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Not read the books...

It is a bit confusing working out who all the people are, and what their relationships are -- and where they are.
My Book

Add Re: Game of Thrones to Twitter Add Re: Game of Thrones to Facebook Add Re: Game of Thrones to MySpace Add Re: Game of Thrones to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Game of Thrones Add Re: Game of Thrones to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Game of Thrones to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Game of Thrones to Stumbleupon Add Re: Game of Thrones to Reddit
#685568 - 05/10/11 08:20 PM Re: Game of Thrones [Re: Peter - Wine]
LML Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: PA, USA
Yes, even I get a little confused and I have read all the books. I'm thinking of writing a who's who article to help me remember.

Add Re: Game of Thrones to Twitter Add Re: Game of Thrones to Facebook Add Re: Game of Thrones to MySpace Add Re: Game of Thrones to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Game of Thrones Add Re: Game of Thrones to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Game of Thrones to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Game of Thrones to Stumbleupon Add Re: Game of Thrones to Reddit
#706920 - 08/11/11 07:09 PM Re: Game of Thrones [Re: LML]
Amy - Romance Movies Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Pennsylvania
As I was watching it, I found it to be faithful to the story... though sometimes a little more nudity than I needed...

I wondered if those that hadn't read the books would be able to follow it. The casting was very good, though Ned, Robert and Catelyn are a little older than they should be - Cersei is about the right age.

I'm impatiently waiting for my husband to finish the new book so I can dig my fingers into it.

#717979 - 10/04/11 11:04 PM Re: Game of Thrones [Re: LML]
thomas86 Offline

The show and book are PHENOMENAL. I heard that they're gonna make the 3rd book into two seasons of the TV show... any truth to this?

#738860 - 01/07/12 07:46 PM Re: Game of Thrones [Re: thomas86]
Deanna Joseph Offline
Elephant

Loc: Southern California
I recently got the book, and I'm really excited to start it!

#793812 - 11/21/12 06:50 PM Re: Game of Thrones [Re: LML]
Carolyn Golden Offline

I liked how HBO tackled some of the translation problems between the books and the screen - Like having Arya work for Tywin Lannister which was not in the books but was a great way to get us closer to his character. Those books are the best - I have never finished a series of books and then immediately started to read them over again but that was the case with these books - there is so much info that you can't process it all in 1 reading!

#795683 - 12/10/12 11:08 AM Re: Game of Thrones [Re: LML]
Anthropomorphic Offline

I think that its a great representation of how a great book can be adapted into a great TV series ( not just a movie!).

#806726 - 02/19/13 10:08 AM Re: Game of Thrones [Re: LML]
upupandaway Offline

It started out remarkably close to the books, but I think they'll have to start deviating soon. I jsut can't see how they'll make a strict to the book form work on a live-action TV show.

Moderator:  SF/FBooks Evelyn 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
8 minutes 16 seconds ago
Foods That Fuel Your Body
by BB -Body Care
Body Care
Today at 11:51 AM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Home Finance
Today at 10:23 AM
Halloween Savings
Home Finance
Today at 10:22 AM
Name a Classic Toy Game
Creativity
Today at 10:20 AM
Music ABC game
Pop Music
Today at 10:18 AM
First Letter-Last Letter
by "Rosie"
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 08:00 AM
Where can I find Cardigan sweaters in Idaho??
by Betty6123
Women's Fashion
Today at 06:14 AM
What Did You Write Today?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Fiction Writing
Today at 01:03 AM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 09:50 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Susan - Meditation Editor), 104 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.