OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Amazon goals:
New Reviewer Rank: 1,596
Classic Reviewer Rank: 7,946

they keep going up and down...weird...

Also, I wanted to mention this goal:

"I do have an idea for a club of women business owners and even a list of people i want to invite. But this is not as important right now as other things I am working on. "

I made it happen and it blew up right in my face. It was the single worst decision i made out here in this town, and the fallout cost me dearly.

Last edited by Jilly; 12/13/10 11:50 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
So for 2011, revisiting:

These are the five year goals I wrote on 2/3/10 - Five Year Goals:

"By five years I fully intend to have my off the grid green home, hopefully a treehouse type deal, with an organic garden, grey water system, compost, a near-zero trash footprint, the home made of largely salvaged materials, etc. Some chickens, goats, geese.

I will have been maintaining my healthy weight levels, be doing advanced yoga and supporting myself financially in my chosen area of earnings. I will have a creative hobby that might also be a sideline.

I will have close friendships in proximity to where i live, and a group of people who like to meet once a week for fun.

I will be planning many hiking and boating trips every month.

I will have this as a home base and will have set down stable roots.

I will be able to donate time to animal charities.

And a big one - I will have a diagnosis for my mental situation and will be getting therapy that is helpful and uplifting."

--------------------------------------

I am going to have to change all this. I don't see most of these happening - there is going to be a lot of change coming along and I don't know if I will be living here or in Oklahoma or New Mexico (of all places). I also have an option in San Diego and one in NY.

Also some of these things don't seem important anymore.

I need to go SUPER SIMPLE and make my goals things that I can do no matter where I am or what I am doing. And I am going to be specific quantitatively.

Thus:

- I will be supporting myself financially and have money in savings
- I will make time at least four days a week for fitness or outdoor fun
- I will be mentally/emotionally stable at least five days a week (and will have a variety of working techniques to help me at those other times). I will also have therapy.
- I will have a circle of friends or family living near me
- I will make time for creative activities at least twice a week
- my weight will stay between 125-135
- I will be able to do Crow Pose

heehee, I had to toss that last one in there. I will find my balance! Maybe I should try Crow each night before bed. One of these days i will get it.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
To update my one year goals...I am not even going to look at the last time i tackled this. I will start fresh and be more realistic and specific.

By next Christmas, these are my goals:
- I will have therapy, stable meds and an official diagnosis
- I will have a stable combination of income sources that support me and are not stressful to do
- I will have at least one person living near me to do fun things with
- I will be creative at least once a week
- I will meditate at least once a week
- I will walk/hike at least once a week
- I will have the RV completely organized
- I will have at least one stream of recurring income
- I will have a mammogram
- I will be a top 1000 reviewer at Amazon
- I will have gotten my dog's teeth taken care of
- I will have figured out my taxes
- I will do small bits of yoga throughout the day, each day
- everything will be out of storage, permanently
- I will do several paddling trips this year
- I will do at least one backpacking trip this year

Okay, this is a good start.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
An update - things are moving along well. I now have added lots of small time outs into my day for yoga and am really enjoying that.

I am not taking the time out to meditate, but since the yoga is going so well i will focus on making that a habit first. Then I can work on adding in meditation.

I am also getting out and walking almost every day, and that feels really good.

I was talking with Lisa about getting a mammogram. We mentioned seeing if getting an ultrasound mammogram might be a good first step to easing my fears. So I need to remember to make some calls on this. I just made a note on my calendar to check into this.

I decided that all i need for socializing is a once a week SOMETHING with a live person. I sent out a bunch of calls, texts and emails to people who are within two hours of driving and working with my calendar to make a once a week plan. This is such a simple solution and I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out. If I can schedule just one thing a week with a friend, it really is all I need. It's far easier to work on than the nebulous, "make local friends."

I am actively working on the issue with my dog's teeth, calling various animal helping funds and contemplating what I can sell to make a pet health care fund for this year.

The taxes thing is creeping along. Yes, slowly, but it IS happening, finally, and I feel good about that. The solution for me was finding the right kind of pocket notebook to put receipts in for each month. I stumbled into that one! smile

The meds situation seems to be great for now. I have one niggling issue with one of my meds, but will leave that alone for now. I also have the start of a diagnosis. I'd like it to be more specific, but it's great to have that much. Next I need to make sure I can find some free or affordable therapy.

The stable income source situation is decent. I realize things can change, but for now I seem to be pretty stable in my frugal lifestyle with the income i have coming in. I like the things I am working on. I like feeling helpful.

The storage thing has a plan! And a deadline! So that will take care of itself in a few more months. That will feel AWESOME. I hate paying storage fees for stuff I am not even using. And I have plenty of room for everything right here, once I get that stuff moved. Also, I will have one less large bill each month - an added bonus!

The RV is getting organized. I was on a roll for awhile, but then stalled out. I hope at some point I get that groove back in. My bedroom and bathroom stuff, and misc papers, have migrated onto every flat surface.

I am still thinking about the recurring income stream thing. It might not happen this year. I would like to have something done about it though - even if just one short ebook posted.

I am falling behind with posting on Amazon right now while I sort the rest of this out, but i really don't even know why i care about amazon. It's not an income source or anything. So allowing that one to fall back while I get other things in place is only a smart call.

I am not going to work on the adding creativity thing right now either, since I do not want to spread my energies too thin while working on my goals. I will let other things settle into habit first.

As for the backpacking and paddling, i am not actively working on those right now. I am simply glad I am getting out there hiking, for starters.

So that is my brain dump for right now. I think I covered everything listed in the post above this one (my one year goals). I am feeling decent about the goals I listed, although I am starting to question if some of them might be removed from the list for this year.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
It sounds like you are making amazing progress, Jilly! Well done!

I agree not to worry about things like meditation or backpacking or such for now. You're already tackling quite a lot and stabilizing those routines. Celebrate your victories smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thank you, Lisa. I feel pretty good about myself mostly, right now.

Okay, winnowing out the fluff after removing some One Year Goals - so here is the updated version ~

- I will have a stable combination of income sources that support me and are not stressful to do
- I will have a social activity with a live person once a week or every other week
- I will have the RV completely organized
- I will have at least one stream of recurring income
- I will do small bits of yoga or meditation throughout the day, each day, and work on my inversions
- everything will be out of storage, permanently

I don't think any of these are unobtainable, as a group of goals. Certainly I can add to this, but i think it's best to focus on things I can feel positive about getting done.

I don't have anything in there for my priority of creativity and I can't think of anything I really need to do just to make something fit. I'd like to paint but i don't think it's the right time yet to add that to my life. And I do enjoy photography - and take lots of photos on my phone when I hike - but I don't feel inspired to move it beyond that. I like making vision boards.

Maybe my year's goal of creating a recurring income stream can be my creative endeavor?

Or is perhaps creativity NOT the priority i think it is?

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Jill -

I think creativity can be hard to think about when you're stressed by things - you can't "force" yourself to be creative. I would be gentle with yourself. When you are ready, you will crave doing creative things. Leave space in your life for it so when that craving comes you can enjoy it.

Your goals look great!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thank you!

At this point, I feel like these are well in hand -

- I will have a social activity with a live person once a week or every other week

And I am actively working on the recurring income stream thing.

Storage will be a done deal i think in May.

These have fallen by the wayside at this time-
- organizing the RV
- I will do small bits of yoga or meditation throughout the day, each day, and work on my inversions

Of all of these, I think it would be best to make sure I can get in the yoga and meditation. I can't work on the RV while here in CA, and the other things are too hard to focus on in the middle of the life chaos that has come up right now.

I'm not worried about these things, but it is good to be aware of them and revisit my goals. One quarter of the year has gone by! smile

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
One thing i have been actively doing is working on getting off the grid more. This is a lifelong dream for me, so if other things get pushed aside for a while, i really can't complain. smile

I have never really been in a position before where I could work on making this happen.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hey Jilly,

So what does getting off the grid mean? I guess I imagine being un-findable??

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.