logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#677756 04/13/11 07:58 AM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Do Enjoy the article entitled A Passion for Makeup. I hope you have as much fun reading it as I did writing it!

What�s Your Makeup Story?

Once someone told me and a friend that we didn't need makeup. Ladies, now you see why we don't need others around when we're putting our faces on, right? Well, I said the sentiment was sweet, but I also said women don't necessarily wear makeup because they need it. Ethnic Beauties, I know you�re feeling me here... We wear it because we like it! We also wear it because it's part of our heritage, part of our culture.

Whether you've been wearing it forever, or you've recently gotten into it, we'd love to 'hear' your makeup story. Tell us why you wear it, or not; why you love it, or not, and we'd love to know how you got into makeup.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hey April,

Nice article. I love the natural look of a woman the beauty of nature at it's best with a hint of lip color. I wear it every now and again when my motherly schedule with four teenagers has has beat up on me after days of wear and tear. After days of their activities, homework and sports I put makeup on to escape into a different person. (it never works) But it lifts me up a little. I like that you mentioned that it's by choice. Really nice. I'm still working on the other processes, but I figured out why, you have to be at a particular level. Thanks for you help!

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Tuculia,

So nice to 'see' you. Wow -- four teenagers. You go lady. I don't know why but I thought you had little ones.

You mentioned natural beauty, there really is nothing like it, with a little enhancement.

I gotta go check out your latest article...wondering what great stuff you have for us this week!

Elephant
Elephant
I've never loved makeup. I prefer the natural look but I used to wear it for dance recitals as a kid, or for parties, or when I was dancing for a living in my 20's.

A guy that I worked with once told me I should let his brother do my hair and makeup. I said what does a dude know about that and he said well he's a drag queen. So I took a chance and I was blown away by the result. I started paying this guy to do it every time I worked.

He made me look like a beauty pageant contestant every time but it used to take sooooo long to get ready. I used to feel like a completely different person when I looked like that. If I ever wanted to go out and let my beauty queen alter ego come out that is exactly how I would have somebody do my hair and makeup.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 04/18/11 12:02 PM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Monica,

That was too cute! Thanks for sharing. Don't drag queens sometimes look hotter than we do on the regular? Girl my Cohort Trilogy is about those types of things.

Thanks for reminding us that we can have alter egos. smile

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Warm Up Your Look

Do enjoy the article

Bronzer For the Ethnic Beauty Then let me know what you think!

Were you aware that a tinted moisturizer or foundation can be a great way to even out the

look of your skin tone? Just remember to make sure your product matches your complexion.

Also, if it �changes� the color of your skin, it�s not a perfect match.

Companies that make beautiful bronzer:

Nars
Bobbi Brown
Mac

Please feel free to add to this list.

Last edited by AprilAlisaMarquette; 08/09/11 08:38 PM.

Moderated by  Juliette - Ethnic Beauty 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.