Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
Originally Posted By: Lyn-Christian Lit
I would hope it was not the intent of Rhonda to call all people of New Orleans Satanists. Her concern and point dealt more with the voodoo culture mentioned in the book.

It doesn't read like that. You both list 'new orleans' separately, as well as voodoo.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
G
I know we're supposed to protect our minds from occult and can see both sides of the argument, but I think some people take it too far when they say kids shouldn't have any imagination. I think we need to teach our children what the Bible says and prescreen what our very young children read and see. If we teach our older children (while they are still young)how to discern what they are reading, they will make better choices.

P
Amoeba
Amoeba
P
we all grew up with fantasy and fairie tales and they were a healthy part of growing up for us.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I'll tell you this is off track a little but I feel a little fantasy is not bad. What I hate is all these CSI's and cop shows I think they give kids ideas, and there are so many of them now on television. Criminal Minds gives me night mares. We need to throw our TV's out if we have kids and also check out what video games they are playing. As you can see this is a thorn in my side and I could rant forever about the subject.

Sarah Redhawk
V
V
I think it really depends on the books and preschool and each family's views. Personally, Every One love fantasy and science fiction.My experience has been that reading the book together, then talking about it is far more effective than banning it. It helps the children how to learn.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lyn-Christian Lit 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.