Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
hijklm823703, clairelacey30, arrowproject, Ashley Jessica, tmelton
56560 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56561 Members
417 Forums
111428 Topics
785924 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 253
Nancy Roussy 169
loongdragon 148
Rosie 66 138
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 136
James Andrew 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 91
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 55
Lestie4containergardens 53
Mona - Astronomy 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#706394 - 08/09/11 06:15 PM Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day [Re: mary-tea1]
mary-tea1 Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

What have you made either to eat or in your home that required only "green" things

Such as Salsa from my garden, or refurrbished a chair for my house for examples.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Add Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day to Twitter Add Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day to Facebook Add Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day to MySpace Add Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day Add Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day to Stumbleupon Add Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day to Reddit
#708639 - 08/19/11 02:24 AM Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day [Re: mary-tea1]
mary-tea1 Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

How many of you have collected enough water in your rain barrels to water your garden or grass?

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor/Green Team Member

Add Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day to Twitter Add Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day to Facebook Add Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day to MySpace Add Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day Add Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day to Stumbleupon Add Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day to Reddit
#712458 - 09/05/11 02:20 AM Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day [Re: mary-tea1]
mary-tea1 Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Who is canning the last of their garden picks?
And what will you be canning?

How did you learn to can?

Mary Caliendo

#715766 - 09/23/11 05:06 PM Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day [Re: mary-tea1]
mary-tea1 Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Dear lovers of this earth,

Tell us on this first day (officially) of Autumn what will you be doing in your garden? Will you move plants inside? Do you have a greenhouse? And are you making a difference in your own home?

Mary Caliendo

#715865 - 09/23/11 11:42 PM Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day [Re: mary-tea1]
Claybird Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Indiana
I have been moving the house plants indoors, which means much pruning, repotting and cleaning them up; meanwhile rearranging things inside to accomodate them again. Sadly I must let the big old (35+years)Oleander go. It has a bad case of scale insects and they have resisted everything I have tried all summer long to get rid of them. However, I have a clean 3 year old clone of the Oleander that is about 3 1/2 ft. tall, beginning to branch and bloom so it will still be with me. There are still about 5-6 plants to bring in, including the biggest one, a 45 year old tangerine tree that brushes the ceiling. The first frost is still a few days away, but I dare not waste any more time.

#715892 - 09/24/11 06:04 AM Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day [Re: Claybird]
mary-tea1 Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Claybird, your job sounds large~keep up the good work~
If it does not rain I will be out clearing and geting more bulbs into the ground.

Thank you for sharing!

Mary Caliendo

#723643 - 11/05/11 02:12 PM Re: Food & Wine Channel/Earth Day [Re: mary-tea1]
mary-tea1 Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Dear readers of tea and green kitchen lovers,

What if any green thing are you doing for Thanksgiving? Do you do an eco-friendly farm? Did you raise your own? What other "green" ideas for the holidays do you have?

Mary Caliendo

#725497 - 11/14/11 06:29 PM Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 [Re: mary-tea1]
mary-tea1 Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

NBC tv is making a committment to go green!

They are committing to sustainability! go to: Greenisuniversal(dot)com to sign up for green tips, learn more & pledge, play and sweepstakes!

Save trees pledge and use a reusable mug! Join major cities as they do: NYC, Chgo, LA!

You can make a difference in this world one tiny little thing at a time!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Green Team Member

Add Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Twitter Add Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Facebook Add Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to MySpace Add Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Del.icio.us Digg Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 Add Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Yahoo My Web Add Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Google Bookmarks Add Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Stumbleupon Add Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Reddit
#726349 - 11/18/11 01:36 PM Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 [Re: mary-tea1]
mary-tea1 Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Cosmetics go green too! Mark (Avon Cosmetics) are the hipper & trendier part of the Avon company and they are selling bath soaps with white tea extract in them and these products are certified Fair-Trade. They are called Clean Up Time bar soap.

While I have no affiliation with this company & am not receiving compensation for this mention, I mentioned it because the cosmetics companies arelistening and now responding to "green" offerings.

MAry Caliendo
Tea Editor
Green Team Member

Add Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Twitter Add Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Facebook Add Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to MySpace Add Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 Add Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Stumbleupon Add Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Reddit
#729680 - 12/08/11 07:04 PM Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 [Re: mary-tea1]
mary-tea1 Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Who and what have you "Upcycled" today? Do you reuse? Do you recycle? Do you do your best to "Recreate"?

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Green Team Member

Add Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Twitter Add Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Facebook Add Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to MySpace Add Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 Add Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Stumbleupon Add Re: Committed to going Green! 11/13-11/20 to Reddit
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  mary-tea1 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Family Traditions Highlighted This Easter Season
by Ruthe AfricanAmericanEd
African-American Culture
How do i make my skin soft,clear and fair?
by Jessica Lee
Cosmetics
09:25 AM
Weight Gain and Menopause
by Dr. Denise- Gynecology
Gynecology
08:59 AM
Fashion
by A Style Life
Beauty Basics
05:16 AM
How to buy quality Silver rings?
by A Style Life
Fashion Jewelry
05:14 AM
Detaching from the Drama
by firefly
New Age
04:38 AM
People Having a Hard Time Sleeping?
by Prik
Dreams
03:17 AM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
02:41 AM
How to Roll a Ball of Yarn
by John Alexander
Knitting
01:38 AM
Knitting Mitten Instructions
by John Alexander
Knitting
01:35 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
3 registered (Izeigo, Connie - ADD/Sandwiches, loongdragon), 61 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.