Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello everyone... Gee what a miz day it is here in Johannesburg! We are really having some extra rain presently as we sneak past Autumn into an eary winter. Today having had one our famous highveldt thunder storms last night we are overcast, grey, drippy rain and cold (for us here in sunny South Africa) and I am not in my beloved garden. Ah well, my alternative is great as here I am on line with Bellaonline!

What is the weather doing down your way? Is it affecting your gardening? Are the flowers sighing or crying? Are the patterns the same and usual for this time of year or can you report different. Thanks Lestie

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
It's raining here in Northern Virginia - HARD. I pulled my plants in, didn't want them water logged :-)

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
D
Gecko
Gecko
D
The weather here is drizzly and wet. I don't have a garden, just a few azeala bushes. I've tried planting flowers and other flowering shrubs, but the deer eat everything. We are planning to build a deck this summer and I'm hoping to plant some flowers, tomatoes and herbs in containers where the deer can't get to them.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I can only wish for rain! Here in Southern California, it will be hot, hot, hot. In the 90s. Containers get dried out very quickly.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
It has been pouring here too and tornado watches. There was a wine festival taking place but it was forced to shut down early due to the tornado watch.

Elephant
Elephant
It's 87 degrees and sunny with a mild breeze. Totally awesome weather for an outdoor workout. Walked this morning and walking again in a few hours. Swimming tomorrow!

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Angie, where in the tornado alley do you live? I live in near Kansas City, and this time of year can always be exciting. Last Sunday we had lots of hail. The week was warm, and then it was 40 this morning and warmed to 65 today.

We are going to have warm weather next week, and all of my students will have Spring Fever and act like they have lost their last brain cells. I love them, but next week should be challenging. Stormy weather in my classroom!

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello everyone, oh my, how the weather affects us all! Does anyone run around in the rain anymore? I remember as a kid taking flying leaps and splashing as many people as I could by jumping in the puddles. Still, listening to the plants growing is a good thing to do as is feeling holy because I have an excuse not to do any weeding. Lucky weeds. Lucky me.

Lestie

Container Gardening Site

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Guys -

I thought I would bring this 2011 post forward and ask the same question today ...

What is the weather doing your way? And this time I am asking the question in February and not April.

Do you remember more about what you were doing then in your container gardens?

Tell us all please!

Here in Johannesburg we are having heavy rains to the extent that I am thinking of transplanting some garden-planted roses that have been in place for many many years, but are now taking a lot of strain from all the water and the poor drainage of the soil. Would that they were in containers that I could just move! Still maybe I can solve this problem in another way - any suggestions?

Ah well here too it's summertime and the weeding is easy; fish are jumpin' and my powder is dry tra la. I am a lucky fish for sure to have and live in such magnificent weather in my neck of these global woods.

Cheers now

Container Gardening Site

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Lestie, it in the low 20s and snowing. I'm in Central VA, USA.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.