logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
I have two perfect children...I wasnt planning on having another baby but my husband and i were overjoyed at the news nonetheless... When I went in for an ultrasound at 7 weeks 4 days, they found a yolk sack, tiny fetal p[ole that measured 6 weeks, and no heartbeat. My heart sank as soon as the ultrasound screen showed...I knew what to expect to see. I went to my ob the next day and nothing had changed accept the sac was starting to deflate...she knew my dates were probably right. The weird thing was that the sac measured 7 weeks 4 days like it should...but barely visible baby and no hb. She was sadly conviced that mc is imminent. But its been a week and still no bleeding. Ive had bad cramps though. So I see her tommorrow. We know my dates are right (pregnancy test would have been positive way too early if I really had been only 6 weeks and the sac would be measuring way too big.) So since I should now be 8 weeks 4 days, pregnancy died at 6 weeks, and no bleeding, what am I up for? Do you think she will go for d and c or want me to keep waiting? Its already been 2 and a half weeks. Part of me worries about health risk of nonviable pregnancy being in there for over two weeks. The other part is the agony of waiting. I trust my OB and if she thinks its best to wait I will, but I was just wondering what you ladies think (from expereince) she would be most likely to recommend. I've been really sad and struggling with this. I know this sounds trivial but I'm scared of the physical pain, too. I've heard it can hurt really bad even early on like this (esp since sac is further along than baby.) Any advice or wisdom on what to expect and what I should do would be so greatly appreciated. thanks so much

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
K
not sure if this will help or not but i had a missed miscarriage last month, i went for my 16 week checkup and the baby only measured 12 weeks 1 day; so maybe that will help you to wait a little longer for the hope that maybe everything will be ok. i guess what im getting at is that my baby was there for a month before i knew she was gone and everything turned out okay (all things considered) best of luck to you :) i know its hard but it may help to hold on to hope a little longer. Hugs Kiley

A
A
I have experienced 3 losses and each of them I handled differently. In 2006 I had a fetal demise at 20 weeks. I had labor induced and 22 hours later gave birth to a baby boy who had apparently died 2 weeks earlier. In January 2010 I had another loss at 9 weeks. I decided to pass it on my own. It took a while before it actually started and I ended up bleeding for 5 months! Then, in December 2010, I lost another baby at 16 weeks. This time we opted for a D&E (similar to a D&C, but they use a little bit different tools and techniques since I was further along). I would recommend a D&C in your case. It was much less dramatic than having labor induced and it only took a little while, and then it was over. PLUS My bleeding actually stopped after the 2nd day. I'm sure it was a little bit easier for me since I had already experienced a loss before, but I am wishing I had done a D&C with all 3 of mine. I have 3 perfectly healthy children ages 3,6,& 8 and we plan to try for one more. Although it may seem incredibly difficult now, you will get through this and things will look up again in time. Prayers and Hugs for you and your family. Amber

F
F
When I had my missed miscarriage, I did not want to wait for everything to start naturally- I couldn't handle it. I also didn't want a D&C purely because of the idea of what is happening. I asked if there was any possible medication and was offered Cytotec. I was also given a prescription of pain pills along with this. The Cytotec upset my stomach when they had me take it orally. I threw up and it didn't work because it hadn't gotten into my system enough. The next time they had me insert it vaginally. This worked. It was a relief to finally have things start happening instead of dealing with the torture of waiting. I wrote a blog post about coping with miscarriage today as it is the 3rd anniversary of my miscarriage. I think you would enjoy reading it. It talks about a lot more than this little reply. [url]http://fivefeetoffun.blogspot.com[/url] Good luck and I'm sorry for your loss!

Last edited by FiveFeetofFun; 04/18/11 07:24 PM.
K
K
just wanted to see how you are doing and if you have heard any news yet. Hoping for the best for you. Kiley

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.