Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#676919 04/10/11 02:52 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Okay guys, this site has been DEAD for far too long smile

Tell us how you "balance" your work and family times?

Reason for asking:
With so many folks working more than one job, it sometimes takes some "creative" measures to make time for family.

Thanks,

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Angela, one of the things to do is to make one day each week family day or night. Keep that day as you would a business meeting or an appointment, meaning that day is just as important as a meeting or appointment. Also, take time to actually sit at the dinner table together for meals a couple of time a week. In the past this was a given in most households.

Vannie #679173 04/18/11 01:03 AM
R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
I've been without a job for a year now. When I still had one, me and my husband make sure that Sunday will be family day. My husband who used to be on a shift schedule, would arrange his schedule to free up Sunday. I don't accept any appointments on that day. On weekdays, I always see to it that I have time to help my kids with school work. It's tough, but it can be done.

Vannie #682026 04/28/11 12:05 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Vannie:

Yes, I am so into "sitting" down for at least ONE meal. Gone are the days when this happened on a DAILY basis. Thanks for the input smile
Originally Posted By: Vannie
Angela, one of the things to do is to make one day each week family day or night. Keep that day as you would a business meeting or an appointment, meaning that day is just as important as a meeting or appointment. Also, take time to actually sit at the dinner table together for meals a couple of time a week. In the past this was a given in most households.

rodav #682027 04/28/11 12:06 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
First of all WELCOME to the forum, I see you are NEW smile and thanks for sharing with us.
Originally Posted By: rodav
I've been without a job for a year now. When I still had one, me and my husband make sure that Sunday will be family day. My husband who used to be on a shift schedule, would arrange his schedule to free up Sunday. I don't accept any appointments on that day. On weekdays, I always see to it that I have time to help my kids with school work. It's tough, but it can be done.

rodav #682076 04/28/11 02:12 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
rodav, you have the one thing that will keep you afloat while looking for a job, a positive attitude. That is excellent.

My suggestion may seem out of left field, but do you do any online survey's? I am thinking of MyPoints (.)com in particular. If you do the surveys, then great, you know that they can give a little financial relief. I like MyPoints because you can use the points for family-friendly stores and restaurants. They serve two purposes, it gives you a little something to do, and the points add up quickly. I am sharing MyPoints because it is the one I use most and like best. My girlfriends home is a three-generation family, every time she gets enough points for a $25 gift card for her favorite home goods store she cashes in. She is now working on her grand daughter's room.

In times like this, a little extra couldn't hurt.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Angela queen

Thanks so much for keeping the Work & Family forum sleep
alive and well.

Vannie #683033 05/02/11 12:25 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Welcome smile
Angela queen

Thanks so much for keeping the Work & Family forum sleep
alive and well.

Vannie #683034 05/02/11 12:25 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Vannie, are their any sites that put cash into your PayPal?
rodav, you have the one thing that will keep you afloat while looking for a job, a positive attitude. That is excellent.

My suggestion may seem out of left field, but do you do any online survey's? I am thinking of MyPoints (.)com in particular. If you do the surveys, then great, you know that they can give a little financial relief. I like MyPoints because you can use the points for family-friendly stores and restaurants. They serve two purposes, it gives you a little something to do, and the points add up quickly. I am sharing MyPoints because it is the one I use most and like best. My girlfriends home is a three-generation family, every time she gets enough points for a $25 gift card for her favorite home goods store she cashes in. She is now working on her grand daughter's room.

In times like this, a little extra couldn't hurt.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Angela,

I "think" that MyPoints does, can't recall for sure, I use my points to shop on Amazon. Take a look at this old news item from ABC News, this is how I got started, Make Money BY Taking Online Surveys The story is old, but the link on page 2 is current. If you do this, read the full story, good information there.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Thanks Vannie smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Vannie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.