Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
If we open the genre up to include TV series may I suggest "Life" from NBC? As you can see from the quotes .

Also The TV series 'Kung Fu' as shown in this example

grin

Last edited by Ninjahedgewych; 02/11/12 05:46 AM.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Just found the guide for the series click on the episodes for the quotes

Also a starting point for Kung Fu: The legend continues

Have fun!!

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
A good animated film with Taoist/Buddhist themes is "Surf's Up" . The main focus is on the 'novice' Cody, while the 'death and rebirth' cycle are personified by "Big Z/Geek" and the "Follower of the Path" by 'Chicken Joe". The latter, for me, showing how being in tune with the moment both protects him and helps others find their own path. Joe doesn't even realize he's won until the film crew following the contest tell him!

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I haven't seen the Adjustment Bureau or Hereafter (though I want to). I saw Limitless - which I LOVED so much, I'd watch it again.

Maybe you could say it was kinda metaphysical. I think if you used it as a metaphor for not truly "seeing" around us - and when we're hypnotized and lack vision due to being in our comfort zone (or rut LOL).

Last edited by Deanna Spirit Dreams; 02/29/12 06:28 PM.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Deanna, I completely agree on Limitless, I loved it too (thought it was Bradley Cooper's best performance to date), and agree that if you approach it in terms of how we are usually limited by only seeing things through our 'conditioned mind', it can be seen as spiritual, or at least deeply philosophical...

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
To all,

Nobody spoke of Kundun,the movie about the Dalai lama's life,
as a child,growing up ,his meeting with Mao ze dong his escape from Tibet.7 years in tibet is a pale american copy of Kundun.

loong

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi looong, I have a separate article called Buddhist Movies that includes Kundun and other movies such as The Little Buddha and Spring Summer Fall Winter that are actually about Buddhism or heavily feature Buddhism. The article that started this particular thread is Movies with Buddhist Themes, and it includes movies that aren't actually 'about' Buddhism, but feature Buddhist themes...

Kundun is a great movie, and has introduced so many people to the Dalai Lama and Tibetan Buddhism....

Buddhism Site
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Dear Lisa ,
I was surprised to see,Jacob's Ladder as a buddhist themed movie.

The Jabob's ladder I remember is an Israeli movie, where the mossad ,finds all the terrorist that killed many athletes at a
olympic games,I beleive it was at Athens.And they kill them one
by one.

Not the same at all.Just wikied the movie, no sign of it. It was quite contreversial at the time.

So sorry .One you can add to your list is a 2003 movie called
TIBET
cry of the snow lion.

hard movie to watch ,the struggle of the tibetans against the chinese army.People being bearnt ,emprisonned,killed for having
a picture of tha Dalai-Lama.

To the poor people of Tibet,I send them thoughts of resistance and compassion .

loong

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi looong, I haven't seen the Jacob's Ladder you mentioned, but the one I meant was made in 1990 so is a bit outdated...it's about a Vietnam veteran who thinks he is losing his mind...his visions are based on the description of the bardos in the Tibetan Book of the Dead. So it's not a conventional view of Buddhism at all, but has some Tibetan Buddhist themes related to the bardos. It's quite scary actually (it is a Hollywood thriller after all) but has some interesting moments. Here's a brief article I posted awhile back on the bardos if you are not familiar with them: The Six Bardos of Tibetan Buddhism .

Thanks for the Cry of the Snow Lion suggestion, I had read a bit about that when it first came out but not seen it.

Buddhism Site
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Dear Lisa,

What I had heard or read ,the bardo period was 23 days.Also I have read in my research for Jacob's ladder ,the movie you described.

With Loving Kindness
a simple buddhist named
loong

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.