Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Norma Jo Doll, sankari, fashionvogues01, Deborah Carroll, LisaSh123
57141 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57142 Members
417 Forums
112868 Topics
798985 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 750
Beetlemess 544
Nancy Roussy 238
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 124
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 108
Mystic - Romance Movies 99
Dianne W - Editor 68
Tracy - Philosophy 67
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 65
Karm - SW USA Editor 62
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#673995 - 03/30/11 06:33 PM Yes or no to Fragrance?
Angela J. Shirley Offline
Tiger

Hi Everyone:

I am finding that more employers are demanding a "no fragrance" ruling due to so many people having allergies.

Personally, I am happy as I am so over folks that "bath" in their fragrance.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Angela J. Shirley (03/30/11 06:34 PM)

Add Yes or no to Fragrance? to Twitter Add Yes or no to Fragrance? to Facebook Add Yes or no to Fragrance? to MySpace Add Yes or no to Fragrance? to Del.icio.us Digg Yes or no to Fragrance? Add Yes or no to Fragrance? to Yahoo My Web Add Yes or no to Fragrance? to Google Bookmarks Add Yes or no to Fragrance? to Stumbleupon Add Yes or no to Fragrance? to Reddit
#714386 - 09/16/11 04:56 AM Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
jodiemt Offline
Gecko

Hi Angela,
I don't think employers should dictate anything related to personal choices and fragrances are surely a personal choice. Now, if someone in the office has an allergy to slight particles of dust, so how will anyone control that?
However, i do agree with you about the fact that many people love to bathe themselves in their perfume. That is totally irritating. But a sufficient amount of perfume/deo is acceptable to keep off the body odor.

Add Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? to Twitter Add Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? to Facebook Add Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? to MySpace Add Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? Add Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? to Reddit
#743674 - 01/31/12 10:43 AM Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Deep9988 Offline

use perfumes in sufficient amount.

Add Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? to Twitter Add Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? to Facebook Add Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? to MySpace Add Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? Add Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? to Reddit
#743730 - 01/31/12 04:56 PM Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? [Re: jodiemt]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

If you bathe on a daily basis and use deodorant there is no need for strong perfumes. Some people and some cultures do not believe in this practice, unfortunately.

Scents in the office should be worn with respect for others. I know I like subtle scents on people, but strong scents or too much perfume on a person is offensive and nauseating. It is up to the individual to use restraint and common sense.

Employers who have a "no scent" policy have it in place probably because too many people have doused themselves with strong perfumes and offended the majority of workers. There are always those who ruin it for the rest.

#747203 - 02/20/12 10:37 AM Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Krishanta Offline

We got different likes and dislikes and all i know we got freedom to choose what we like so i don't really think that its a big issue here.

#747234 - 02/20/12 03:32 PM Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? [Re: Krishanta]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

It's not a big issue, but when working with people you need to have respect for them and not overpower them with your scent. Any scent when worn too heavily can be nauseating.

#747274 - 02/20/12 08:51 PM Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

Loc: Kansas, USA
I am one of those people who are allergic to scents so I applaud employers who have a no-scent policy. It helps the company's bottom line since I don't have to miss work and go to the doctor's. At our company there are several people like myself.

#747297 - 02/21/12 01:05 AM Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? [Re: VintageGS]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

I fully support that stand because I am sensitive to strong scents of any kind, to the point where if the odor is too strong I feel like I cannot breathe. I have a friend with allergies such as yours, Vintage, so I understand.

People have all sorts of medical and physical issues, and everyone in the workplace deserves to be respected. Little or no fragrance works just fine for me. People can wear their fragrances on their own personal time.

#747620 - 02/22/12 10:06 PM Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Dannica Offline

Well it's probably easier to just make a "no fragrance" rule than for the boss to single out someone for stinking up the place. Which a co-worker once told me she had to talk to one employee about bathing regularly and using deoderent after another employee said he would not work with the stinky guy unless something changed. She said the conversation went surprisingly well, and she pulled from her mom skills. I was glad I never had to have such a conversation (either side, lol).

#747635 - 02/22/12 10:22 PM Re: Yes or no to Fragrance? [Re: Dannica]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

I can't imagine having to conduct such a conversation, but I think a lot of us have been in work environments where these things do occur. Sometimes it is a culture thing in regards to the frequency of bathing, shaving armpits, using deodorant, etc. Other times it is just laziness.

Weird that these things which appear to be common sense issues are not common sense with some people. Some think a strong perfume covers up body odor, but all it does is make it worse.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Juliette-Fragrance 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What Movie Did You See Yesterday?
by Grace - Mystery Movies
Mystery Movies
3 minutes 44 seconds ago
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries
by Grace - Mystery Movies
Mystery Movies
12 minutes 54 seconds ago
Urban Legend or Fake News
by MaryBeth - Urban Legends
Urban Legends
Today at 04:44 PM
What's the Last Movie that Surprised You?
by Mystic - Romance Movies
Romance Movies
Today at 04:16 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:15 PM
Romance Movie Titles Game
by Mystic - Romance Movies
Romance Movies
Today at 04:14 PM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:11 PM
What did you dream about last night?
by Rosie 66
Dreams
Today at 04:01 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 03:59 PM
Exercise in Small Increments Gets Results
by ninahaska
Exercise
Today at 01:53 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 123 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.