Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#673740 03/29/11 02:42 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Monica, in some of your videos you use some long elastic rope type things that you suspend from the ceiling and use for leg lunges, you had them fixed to a tree too. Where can you buy them from?

Linda Heywood

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Linda19 #673773 03/29/11 04:42 PM
Elephant
Elephant
Hey Linda,

It's called a suspension trainer and I featured that piece of equipment in a few articles:

Best Fat Burning Exercises for A Lean Toned Body

Best Upper Body Workout Tips

or you can just go directly to the Amazon Suspensions Trainer Store to see all your options.

The suspension trainer is so fun and very effective for strength, fatloss, core and hip stability, toning, and even cardio. Let me know if you decide to get one and I'll send you a link to all the workouts I have using that type of equipment.

BTW, that Jukari Fit to Fly video in the first article is similar to what we do in aerial class except in aerial we actually get to do really cool inversions on the trapeze.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 03/29/11 04:47 PM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

ExerciseEditor #673786 03/29/11 05:21 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Oh wow Monica, I want to do the Jukari Flying that looks so amazing. I am definitely going to look into buying a suspension trainer. I have to check how and where you can fix it up and see if it is possible where I live. I have a tree!

I wish I lived near you, I would definitely do an aerial class with you.

Do you make your videos at home? How is your suspension trainer hooked up to the ceiling? I watched some of them on Youtube and some on your fatlossworkoutsguide. I like watching to see how you use all the different pieces of equipment you have, and I like the music you put with the videos too! Do you work out to music? Sorry so many questions!

Oh yay, I have just seen you using a hula hoop, I have one, and weights, all I need now is a big ball and a skipping rope. Your videos are great.

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #673802 03/29/11 06:46 PM
Elephant
Elephant
Thanks Linda. Happy to answer all those questions. I don't know what part of England you live in but aerial is pretty big there too so you might want to run a search for aerial dance or trapeze or silks or bungee to see if there's a dance studio in your area that teaches adults.

The TRX is hooked to a beam in the ceiling with a $3 weight bearing hook from the hardware store but most of the companies sell door attachments as well so you can attach it to your door. Outdoors you can attach it to anything from playground equipment to trees to poles.

If you have a tree in your backyard and sturdy rope you can get busy with my Rope Climbing Exercises this week to get a feel for suspension training. It's very similar and if you can tie a foot hold then you can do suspended lunges too. Dominic's video at the top of the page is advanced and mine which is further down is for beginners/intermediates.

I actually don't work out to music much anymore. I just open a window or door and listen to the birds. I add the music in when I edit the video to shorten it. Sometimes I workout to movies but I try not to do that too much. I find that it interferes with my intensity.

There are so many ways to train. All you have to do is find a few things you really like and it will become a fun and healthy habit faster than you can imagine : )

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.