I started this injury workout post in Sept. of last year but didn't keep up with it very well. So I wanted to post an update and say that it's been 6 months since I've been able to hike, run, jump, lunge and any other high impact activities. I basically had to stop doing any type of high impact activities and focus on hip stability exercises and glute strengthening exercises and tons of mobility and flexibility.

It was very difficult for me not being able to do the things I love doing. At times I got bummed out but switching gears and focusing only on rehab and upper body was totally worth it. I just started back up with many of my favorite activities and more complex lower body exercises in the past few weeks and my hip is doing really well.

If you are dealing with injuries or pain and you just take the time to heal your body you will come back stronger. I know it's frustrating not to be able to do what you love but holding off until your body is better is totally worth it and it forces you to find other ways to train that you may not have tried before.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!