Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Spring�s flowers and blossom are adding to the already picturesque landscapes, and from major cities to medieval villages throughout the country Fruehling Festivals, Spring Festivals, and events are starting to take place.

Evenings are lighter but, to take advantage of the tables and chairs appearing outside caf�s and ice cream parlours, layers are still advisable, it is springtime in Germany and the tourist season is beginning.

Here are five different ways to spend time during a springtime visit to Germany, some ideas to add to the historic road and river tours and visits to castles, palaces, and of course the Brandenburg Gate if you happen to be in Berlin.

Five Ways to Enjoy A Springtime in Germany

Last edited by Francine - German Culture; 03/28/11 04:26 AM.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Hey Francine,
I am not in Berlin but yeah I love spring seasons, it brings with itself so many sweet memories of our childhood, and I liked the ways you shared with us, Thanks.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi Kaycee, Thanks so much for your post���.yes I do agree with you, the traditions around springtime do seem to bring back memories for all of us.

Don�t know about what rings the bells with you but for me it is always the spring flowers, the wild ones that grow every where and the yellow of daffodils in gardens and parks. Always fill the home with them, in a way it says winter is over, which is illogical because I love snow and everything that goes with it���..but somehow!

Can remember seeing a forest floor carpeted in Bluebells in England once, have never forgotten it because it was such an impressive sight and their beautiful scent unlike anything else, but even though I bought masses of bluebell bulbs from reputable UK sources, they are a protected species by now, over the years just could not get them to grow in Germany, although it is certainly not through lack of care and trying.

Do you come from Germany or have you ever visited the country?

Five Ways to Enjoy A Springtime in Germany

Last edited by Francine - German Culture; 03/31/11 01:33 AM.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Moderated by  Francine - German Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.