logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Hi All, I need help - I have been suffering from insomnia for a few months now and it's really wearing on me... I suspect it may have to do with depression or anxiety. Last fall I quit taking Cymbalta after being on it a few years, which was prescribed to me following my Dad's sudden death. I had a very bad experience tapering off of it. I want so badly to not be on meds, but I fear I might need ... something... other than just counseling (started up again a couple of months ago). I am rather introspective and inclined toward melancholia, but I thought I could get by without meds. Now I'm wondering - this past year has been full of horrendous events out of my control and I just feel "off." I know that given the things that have happened, this is normal, but I am so sick of these feelings and of this insomnia. I can't sleep without some type of med and it scares me... I don't know if the insomnia is causing the anxiety/depressed feelings or vice versa. I don't know what to do... Any ideas or thoughts? Even just commiseration? I just feel kind of scared

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Hi Silveraven,

Insomnia, oh have you got a friend! I've had insomnia since 7 or 8 yrs old. In fact my mom told me she had to put a lid on my crib because I would just stare at the ceiling chatting away.

I've tried all sorts of things. Valerian, OTC, tea, white noise. You're kind of right, there's an anxiety about having insomnia that actually went away once I just said, "Ok, so I have trouble sleeping. There are worse things."

I'm not really against medications if they truly help. I found Ambien to do wonders. I also found that I'm ultra sensitive, so, sugar, colas, even chocolate or vitamin B if I have them after 5:00 pm keep me awake. So I don't know if you've taken those things into consideration.

From what you're describing, meloncholy, seems more than appropriate when circumstances have been out of control. Sometimes I feel there's too much pressure to put on that happy face when feeling the moment (s) is just what you need to do, even if it takes a year or two.

Also, your mind might be working overtime going through those next building block steps.

I have this saying and I don't mean it to sound depressing, but, I kind of see things as, if it's not attached and I didn't come into this world with it, it's quite possible I might be without it one day. So, that's pretty much how I live my life.

These past few years have proven that all too true, I suppose with a single garbage bag at one point to show as a souvenir for all the life I had lived out of 30 yrs. What's kind of funny, is that you feel pretty stupid holding it for all the trouble it's worth, lol, getting around.

But anyway, looking back it was painful yes going through it, but it was more of a shedding process really, I just couldn't see it. There's life around every corner and it's at this point I'm seeing more of it than I ever would had I not gone through what I did.

Be patient with yourself. You'll get where you're going smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
S
OP Offline
S
Hi Eleise, Thanks for your response and words of comfort. I'm not quite sure what you meant by it, but you said, "if it's not attached and I didn't come into this world with it, it's quite possible I might be without it one day." For some reason, I like that. And I do feel like I'm going through a shedding process, but my lord is it uncomfortable! Knowing that others go through it helps. I am trying to be gentle and kind to myself, but it has been several months and I just want my full equilibrium back! As for the insomnia, I have tried everything too, and mastered the whole "sleep hygiene" thing and it still persists. Although the ambien helps, I am scared I'm becoming dependant on it. Do you still take it Did you take it every night? How did you get through it? Thank you so much!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.