logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I like the recent trend (that I've noticed, at least) of totally bizarre and very different horror movies... two examples are Human Centipede (about the scientist who surgically assembles three people together) and Victim (about the surgeon who gives a guy a sex change as revenge for killing his daughter)�.

Where do they come up with these ideas???

Has anyone else noticed this trend?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
My friend actually e-mailed me and said "Oh My God - have you seen this movie!" in shock over the Human centipede, which was an okay movie - actually quite horrific until the ridiculous ending. They're making a sequel with six people, though the first was hard enough to sit through. That mad scientist was really creepy. I don't really like 'body horror' which is what these movies are - they can be really odd.

If you want to see one of the first and also one of the oddest body horror films EVER - you should check out the eighties horror movie 'Society' - it stars Billy Warlock from Baywatch - and is a real site to behold. It's a good movie though and makes some great points about...society LOL.

I haven't seen or heard of Victim...

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I have seen both Human Centipede and Victim. Both creepy, both left me with life long mental problems lol. Off to watch Society now. Thanks Steve!

Linda Heywood

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I will NOT see Human Centipede. I actually stay up nights thinking about exactly what this means for each person and working out the science of it. It disturbs me greatly and I can't shake it.

Tiger
Tiger
YES, YES and YES!

As one that is too scared to watch them, I am so not going to with the "previews" I am now seeing on TV when they begin to advertise some upcoming new movie.

But some folks, like my boyfriend and adult daughter, the more gruesome the better smile That is when I make my exit and go read or go walk.

Great subject!

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I hate these movies which are all for the shock or gore value, they really undermind the entire horror genre. The Human Centipede has that one horrfic idea and that's basically it - the film is so silly if you watch it, the plot holes are constant. I don't know who was watching for mistakes - but they shouldn't have got paid.

The whole point of horror was to side with the hero, now people want the heroes to get killed and cheer on the villain - it's insane LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Tiger
Tiger
I'm not a fan of body gore for the sake of it either and to me doesn't fall into the whole Horror premise at least I don't want it to. It really is a family/genre of it's own but I guess it needs a home in the meantime.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yeah, there's a few horror sub genres which have popped up and don't seem to fit well with traditional horror styles. I don't like the current trend of the killer getting awa with it and no hero to survive and to support on their journey.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Originally Posted By: Linda - Islam
I have seen both Human Centipede and Victim. Both creepy, both left me with life long mental problems lol.

If you want mental problems, see Tom Six's first movie "A Serbian Film"...I saw it the day before Christmas, and I still have nightmares...the way I knew it had effected me mentally: most of the nightmares now just involve my mother crying...nothing else, just my mom crying and saying its because of this film.

C
C
[quote=swearbear][quote=Linda - Islam]I have seen both Human Centipede and Victim. Both creepy, both left me with life long mental problems lol. [/quote] If you want mental problems, see Tom Six's first movie "A Serbian Film"...I saw it the day before Christmas, and I still have nightmares...the way I knew it had effected me mentally: most of the nightmares now just involve my mother crying...nothing else, just my mom crying and saying its because of this film. [/quote] Please don't quote stuff you don't know anything about. A Serbian Film was not Tom Six's first film, The Human Centipede was. I am a horror film reviewer, and yes I can agree that films are getting more bizarre these days, mostly due to Americans (as well as the rest of the world) numbness to violence. We see murder and violence on TV and on the Internet everywhere, and as such we need something more to shock or scare us. As far as GOOD horror films these days...they are getting fewer. The Human Centipede was a bore fest to me really. If you want something really nasty, go back a decade or two. Watch a few CAT III Hong Kong films like The Ebola Syndrome and The Untold Story and you'll see what I mean.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Cytheria, swearbear doesn't have to know which movie came first and can express hersel in any way she wishes as long as she's not hurting people.

I agree good horror films are getting fewer, it's all re-makes and gorno. A good horror should scare, but above all, I feel it should have a tale of morals. We're lacking them a lot these days.

The films you mentioned I think are more an aquired taste for most people LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
N
N
I don't think so. I haven't seen too many good horror movies these past few years and that's because for a while there they were making them PG13. An horror movie is supposed to be scary and disgusting and you can't have that when everything is cut to please these idiots that decides what we can watch and cannot and what we can hear and cannot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.