Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#672765 03/25/11 03:51 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Do you have a favourite talisman? If so did you make or find it?

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I have a couple... I have a wee bent spoon charm that reminds me: Perfect love, perfect trust equal perfect result.

I also have a bloodstone that I feel is very protective.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Sounds good. My main pentagram is made of haematite which is both grounding and protective.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I picked up the "Seal of Solomon" yesterday while out and about at my favorite magical store... but there was the "Seal," the "Secret Seal," and the "Shield." I was wondering what your thoughts were on Solomon's talismans? laugh

And I LOVE hematite!!! I nearly always have a little piece with me.

Oh, yesterday I also got a fire agate charm ---- Oh am I ever loving it!

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I have a funny yet darling looking little old lady Native American woman. She is wrapped in a blanket and standing next to a little basket which has a tight fitting lid on it. The expression on her face is pure gentleness and love. A dear friend gave it to me. To me it symbolizes the gift of friendship (expression), honor for the elders (old woman) comfort (blanket), and protection/healing (I put seven tiny turquoise beads in the basket).

I also have a piece of petrified wood that I found. It's shape looks like my totem. I keep it in my medicine bag. I found it one day a few years ago when walking home from the store. A man had been following me and I was scared. I took a short cut through an open park-like setting and stumbled on some rocks. When I looked down, there was my totem. I picked it up quickly, looked around me and discovered that the man had given up and was heading in another direction.

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 04/02/11 01:49 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
The seals of Solomon you are talking about are probably from the "Key of Solomon" Grimoir. They can be very useful, but only if charged correctly. This is something that I didn't cover in depth in my article as there are so many ways of doing this, many of them complicated.

If I don't have my pentagram I usually have a string of Haematite Komboloi beads with me at work as they are very soothing while waiting for clients not to turn up.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Yikes Phyllis! This sounds a little scary - but sounds like you were headed in just the perfect direction of safety. Cool you found that stone.

Deanna Joseph

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I understand that certain rocks and minerals carry specific vibrations which is why we feel they provide spiritual elements.

I can't seem to remember all the different qualities and characteristics! Which stone would you recommend for clarity in thinking?

Also, sometimes, when I stoop over to pick up a rock, I feel its essence. It may sound dumb or wrong, but even if it is just a man-made rock, an aggregate of cement and miscellany, I feel that it comes from the earth and so I appreciate it as such. I roll it around in my hand and I feel as though I am feeling mother earth and all the energies that brought this earth into existence. After all, isn't it made from the same source of ALL?

Just a lowly, unremarkable rock. But I feel a sense of love and appreciation for it. Sometimes, I feel such love for humble things. Everything matters in a dimension where everything *is* matter.

So could just any old rock be a good talisman?

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Rocks have their own essence and can interact with you and your circumstances to be an excellent positive talisman. The only time I would leave a stone or rock where it is is when:

[list]
[*]It's a large stone embedded in the earth
[*]Obviously enhances the area in which it is set
[*]Near an old tree (unless just sitting on the surface)
[*]Set in the soil near a natural spring or well

Last edited by Ninjahedgewych; 04/05/11 03:37 AM.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
What about just a piece of cement?

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Lori, this is so beautifully put. I remember someone giving me this beautiful little stone - and it was so glittery. I found out it was manmade and had copper flecks in it - but that didn't change how I felt... it gives off a good feeling laugh

I really like flourite for mental clarity Lori. I have always been so attracted to it... it feels like a friend now laugh

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Quote:
I found out it was manmade and had copper flecks in it

Sounds like Goldstone, which goes back at least as far as the Romans. I have several pieces like that and always mean to see how it does in a Komboloi

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
That's good too. In Mexico it was common to see people with talismans made from cement from old high-end hotels, famous peoples homes, etc to attract the same luck to them.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Thanks, Deanna.

And Ian, I love the idea of talismans made from cement from special buildings. They must be imbued with the energy of all that history and humanity. How cool is that?

I remember when I lived in Hawaii, my parents always warned me not to pick up rocks from certain places. Either they were sacred or haunted.

I need some balance and protection. Can you recommend good rocks or minerals for that? I think I will ask Phyllis to make me a nice medicine pouch for my new rock talismans.

Lori, I have a dark green one I just finished beading. It is really pretty. What color would you like?

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Hi, Phyllis! Let's see...Dark green, to me, would symbolize healing and nature. That might be a good color. How large or small is it?

Amoeba
Amoeba
I simply cannot work my stones right. Why doesn't it work for me? IT does work for herbs but never with stones.

Amoeba
Amoeba
I simply cannot work my stones right. Why doesn't it work for me? IT does work for herbs but never with stones.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Not everything works for everyone, equally it may be that you need to 'earth' your practices more.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Quote:
I need some balance and protection. Can you recommend good rocks or minerals for that?

I generally use haematite. Both in the form of a pentagram, and as a set of 'worry beads'. Your birthstone can be quite useful too, particularly if you pair it with clear quartz. In Mexico turquoise set in silver was also popular for this.

Quote:
I remember when I lived in Hawaii, my parents always warned me not to pick up rocks from certain places. Either they were sacred or haunted.

This was probably due to most of the rocks being volcanic and thus sacred to Pele or other Hawaiian Deities.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I usually have a small piece of aventurine in my left pocket. I also have a TINY figure (about an inch high) of a Mother Goddess made from polymer clay. When I got her I made a tiny bag from floral fabric and put her in to keep her safe. I always tuck the bag into the left side of my bra, plenty of natural padding to protect her from breaking and to keep her close to my heart. wink

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.