#672492 03/24/11 12:42 AM
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Hello, everyone!

I just added my new article entitled "Rejection and Depression."

It hurts like crazy, and it can destroy your self-esteem. Could rejection be to blame for your depression?

You can check out the article at the link below:
Rejection and Depression

I hope you enjoy the article. Feel free to comment on it, or on any other subject you'd like to discuss.

Have a great week and TAKE CARE OF YOU! smile
Kitten

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Exactly Kitten, We all do get rejected at some point of our lives or the other. You just can't predict who is going to reject you and when. It can be just anyone, your friend, your family member your colleagues, just anyone. It is also very hard to explain and console a person who has undergone such experience because there is a large difference between saying and doing.

Koala
Koala
Great article Kitten! Trust is so hard! Especially if you have been dumped on over & over and aren't making good decisions. And it is too easy to feel sorry for yourself and think you are just unlucky.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
That's true, Kaycee. My sweet daughter who is 19 has had her little heart broken over and over, and it just hurts me so much. I see her going through the same things I went through for so many years, and I wish I could just take all that pain for her, but I can't. All I can do it try to encourage her in that if this didn't work, that means there's something better out there for her. And, of course, I try to make sure she understands that she deserves the best--that she shouldn't settle for just anyone. That's how we get into trouble. If we don't believe we deserve the best, we settle for much less, and end up getting hurt. But even if we do everything right, there's no guarantee we won't get hurt. But in order to enjoy life, we have to take chances.

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Connie, trust is so difficult for me. Like you said, once you've been hurt, especially if it's multiple times, it makes you wary. But that is part of what I wanted to get across. Many times, we trust too soon. People shouldn't be trusted as soon as they come into our lives. Even the Bible says (can't tell you where! lol!) that we shouldn't trust someone who hasn't proven himself to be trustworthy. But we have to trust a little bit in order to give a relationship a chance. I think it's healthy to keep your guard up, to a point. Don't lay your heart and every detail of your life out there for someone unless you're pretty sure it's safe. I say "pretty sure," because I don't think you can ever know for sure. Anyone could hurt you, but we can't live our lives in a tower, with 12-inch thick walls! Being hurt is hard to handle, but unfortunately, it is part of life.

And as always, Connie--Thank you! smile

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

Koala
Koala
I know what you mean about wanting to save your kids heartaches. But I guess if everyone learned from someone else's advise we would all be perfect!

~anonymous~
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
You're right. Unfortunately, we all have to make our own mistakes. And in some cases, we have to make them over and over again before we learn anything!

Brandi told me today that she's supposed to have a date tomorrow night. I want to be happy about it, but I'm thinking the guy might bail on her, or just not call afterward...you know, the typical guy stuff. I know she has to experience these things and learn how to deal with them in her own way, but the Mom in me wants to protect her. Man, it's tough!

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

Koala
Koala
Good luck Kitten!

~anonymous~
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Just had that feeling, Connie, and guess what!! He bailed on her! I had "friended" him on Facebook so I could keep an eye on him. He told Brandi that he was sick with a migraine & upset stomach, but on FB, some of his friends were asking him about poker that night, and he said he couldn't because HE HAD OTHER PLANS! AND THIS WAS AFTER he told her he was sick!! Typical jerk! AAARRRGGGHHH!! mad

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Excellent article, Kitten. So many people experience depression due to rejection -- even when the rejection happened years ago, it can still affect their lives and feelings of depression. Your statement that "maybe it was just not meant to be" is a good way to remind one's self that it was "not me that was rejected, it was just not meant to be". Very good thoughts!

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rayna - Depression Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.