#621104 08/26/10 01:59 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I'm finally doing it. I'm finally learning to play the game I've loved forever. Instead of a spectator, I'll be on the links someday!

The local college golf class was filled the first day it opened up, and I can't afford private lessons from the local golf teacher. I checked out books and videos and to my dismay, they all say emphatically that one should NOT learn the game from his or her spouse.

My husband is a very good golfer. He communicates well and is patient. We have a good and solid marriage of 25 years. Will I jeopardize this if I learn the game from him?

My aspirations are humble. My goal is to play for pure enjoyment, not to make the tour or even compete with family and friends. My husband likes the idea of my playing because we'll have something else in common and more importantly, he knows I'll encourage his playing often (with or without me) and his purchasing new equipment. LOL.

But what do you think? Should I learn from him or take the advice from all the golfing instruction experts? Will this ruin my marriage?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
S
I don't love golf, but I play with my husband because it's something we can do together on the weekend. I'm frustrated because he's much better than me. He's probably frustrated because I can't keep up.

We've found a happy compromise where we both hit the best ball every shot. So if I hit a drive up the middle, and he's off in the trees, we'll both hit the next shot from my ball, and so on. It's really actually quite fun.

As far as instruction, I think it's always tough to teach a spouse, but you can survive it if are able to stay positive. Keep in mind that no matter how good you are, and no matter how good your husband is, the guys are always going to hit longer than women. It's just the way it is.

I am a really competitive person, and I have a difficult time watching my husband hit consistently over 300 yards and mine doesn't even go 200. We'll definitely keep playing together, but I think it would be fun to find a group of ladies who play closer to the same level.

Good luck!

Sandy Eggers
BellaOnline Golf Website Forum
BellaOnline Tennis Website Forum
I am happy for both of you that you could play or be with what amazes you. I hate my job and quit last week.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I played golf with my husband for many years. We also entered many husband and wife two ball tournaments and traveled all over the state playing golf. We both did have our own groups of guys and gals and played in the leagues. My husband passed away 7 years ago and golf is still my passion. Those are great memories but now at age 85 I am still playing golf. Golf will keep you young and active so I advise you to start playing.

I am the golf editor here on bellaonline and hear from golfers all over the world. Golf is a great game so go for it.

Letta Meinen Golf Editor
Golf Website
Golf Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.