Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
elina, lah123, jennifer888, Anne Seyer, RoseEnglish
57008 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57009 Members
417 Forums
112544 Topics
795661 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 702
Beetlemess 579
Karm - SW USA Editor 352
Nancy Roussy 186
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 166
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 134
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 129
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 114
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 109
Linu 104
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#670894 - 03/17/11 07:28 AM Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer!
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Hi all, I've got a dilemma. I love to quilt and hand sew. I love it with a passion. But my rear end is spreading an alarming speed and I simply must do something to get fit. I would really like to be able to quilt and exercise at the same time! Not an unreasonable wish, I think.

Have you got any ideas for me to achieve the quilting fix I need each day, with a view to reducing the bulk that is always hanging behind me LOL.

Let us all know if you've got any ideas.

Cheerio for now

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Add Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Twitter Add Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Facebook Add Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to MySpace Add Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Del.icio.us Digg Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! Add Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Yahoo My Web Add Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Google Bookmarks Add Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Stumbleupon Add Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Reddit
#672474 - 03/24/11 01:10 AM Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
kt53sews Offline

well I listen to my favorite music and then when a really good one comes on I just have to get up and dance like a wild lady. makes me feel great and then I am energized for my next sewing session.

Add Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Twitter Add Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Facebook Add Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to MySpace Add Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! Add Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Reddit
#672477 - 03/24/11 01:13 AM Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! [Re: kt53sews]
Linda19 Offline
Chipmunk

Loc: England
Buy an exercise bike and peddle and sew at the same time.

Add Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Twitter Add Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Facebook Add Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to MySpace Add Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! Add Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! to Reddit
#672479 - 03/24/11 01:21 AM Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
ExerciseEditor Offline
Elephant

Get your exercise out of the way first thing in the morning. When you dedicate just 15-20 minutes of your time to intense exercise (cardio or circuit training) you can then just get on with your day instead of multi-tasking and doing both things half-assed (LOL).

A smaller butt requires focused effort : ) If you don't believe me just stop by a gym and check out the people who read on bikes. They look the same year after year and that isn't skinny. Just spreading the truth about how to get fit so don't shoot the messenger. I've been a trainer for over 12 years now and have seen this A LOT!

Edited by ExerciseEditor (03/24/11 01:23 AM)

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

#672493 - 03/24/11 05:20 AM Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! [Re: ExerciseEditor]
Kaycee Will Offline
Shark

Hi Judie,
Don't let the things go out of your hands. If your girth is increasing then don't miss out any possible chance of getting it reduced. Just take out 45 minutes in the morning or evening (whenever its comfortable for you)and you'll be more energized for your passion i.e sewing.

#672500 - 03/24/11 05:54 AM Re: Exercise vs Quilting - it's a no brainer! [Re: Kaycee Will]
dewdrop38 Offline

Loc: North Carolina, USA
If your home has more than one floor, put your ironing board on a different floor than your sewing machine. Every time you have to press a seam you will get lots of exercise!

Moderator:  Judie Quilting Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Surprising Pope Francis
by Angie
Catholicism
51 minutes 40 seconds ago
100 days of gratitude
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Today at 07:49 AM
i have no idea what to wear? Please help ?
by elina
Women's Fashion
Today at 07:46 AM
My fashion style...?
by elina
Women's Fashion
Today at 07:34 AM
Zucchini Noodles Recipe
by Megan-Healthy Foods
Healthy Foods
Today at 07:07 AM
Africa at the Commonwealth Games
by African Dawn
African Culture
Today at 06:32 AM
Hello,lifehouse
by jennifer888
Beauty Basics
Today at 06:06 AM
Hello!=)
by jennifer888
Beauty Basics
Today at 06:03 AM
Is There Anything To Forgive
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
Today at 05:56 AM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:14 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Rosie 66), 77 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.