logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Exercise motivation does not come easy for most. If you struggle with it try these Boost Exercise Motivation Fast tips for instant motivation.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Thank you Monica, motivation, something I sadly lack and have done for a while now. But the tip of try it for 10 minutes appeals to me, as does the endorphin rush etc.

I can always find something else to do rather than exercise, so why not just try a bit of exercise? I might just like it duh!

Great article.

Linda Heywood

M
Shark
Shark
M
This is a great article! Thanks! One more motivational tip that I don't think I saw in there is to join a team or go solo toward doing a race for a charity or cause that is meaningful for you. Team in Training offers buddies and workouts for people to participate in races to raise money to help those with leukemia. And, you can do a race for any cause at all. I did a triathlon to raise money for the American Heart Association in honor of my father and that was definitely motivation for me to continue working out.

Any length of race will do, and any cause that is meaningful can get one motivated. Once that race is done, the habit and fun of exercising tends to stick around so that working out becomes part of your lifestyle.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Happy to hear you guys will be trying some of these tips. Keep me posted on what works for you.

That is a great idea about signing up for a race or marathon with a group. I wrote cover that motivation tip and 2 other ones like it in my article: Workout Motivation. My favorite tip from that list is #1! I live for weekend fitness adventures!

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hey Monica,

Great article! I never had any problems with getting motivated. But I do have a question. I took a slight fracture to my knee recently. I am used to working out daily with martial arts along with running every morning and have found that I am unable to do much. I made the mistake of trying to continue my daily workout and made my injury worse, so I have been put on a time-out, of course this is killing me. Do you have any suggestions?

Last edited by TCW; 03/15/11 12:37 PM.

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
You really need to consult with your doctor about what you can and can't do while your fracture is healing. Usually the body needs to heal before you can get back to your normal routine especially when you're dealing with a fracture.

About the only thing I can recommend at this point is to get busy with killer upper body and core workouts that challenge you and burn the same amount of calories/fat that running does. Check out my fatloss core strength workout for ideas. BTW, that suspension trainer I'm using in the video is awesome for rehabbing knees because it allows you to support your weight on lower body exercises then add more weight as you get stronger.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 03/15/11 12:38 PM.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Thanks for the tips, I am doing upper, I was just trying for more.

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
M
Shark
Shark
M
Love love love your Workout Motivation article! Your info is really timely and helpful!

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I've always loved to walk and my iPod, with audio books and my two dogs are my motivation.

Three years ago I joined the Y and started taking classes there and paying the membership fee each month got me motivated! I tried classes until I settled on some that I like. I made friends there too and look forward to seeing them.

Once you make exercise part of your daily or weekly schedule, it just becomes something you do, you don't have to think about it, dread it or worry about whether or not you'll actually do it. I know on certain days, I go to certain classes. If I stop to think of all the stuff on my to-do list, I'd never go at all.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Great post HM62. I was born an exercise junkie so for me it's always been a part of daily life. I've been through phases in my life where I was not motivated to exercise due to stress but I could never go longer than a few weeks without exercising (that's happened like three times in my life).

But like you said for others it takes time to develop an exercise habit so trying different things is very important. Some find that working out in a gym is great motivation for others going to a gym is complete torture and they do better at home. Some people need a coach or trainer or to join a bootcamp. Some like hiking or sports to stay fit and others prefer pilates or yoga studios or martial arts or boxing gyms.

There is no 1 way to exercise. Some exercise is better for certain types of goals but just moving daily in one way or another for 20-30 minutes has been found to improve health, fitness levels, and happiness so it's good to try ALL types of workouts until you find something that fits your personality, lifestyle, goals.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 03/23/11 01:56 PM.

Shark
Shark
Monica,

Love your article! You always give such great workout tips -- all of them are great. Keep the good stuff coming, I need it smile

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Thanks for the feedback April. I really appreciate it!! You are awesome. Just do the best you can each day and all the little actions will eventually snowball into big results.

Amoeba
Amoeba
I use the "foot in the door" method. For me I call it -- "just run ONE mile on the treadmill". As you said, most times I go more than that. But not always.... sometimes it feels like a chore all the way through it and I stop after a mile. But the difference between just that one mile versus absolutely nothing is HUGE!

I also agree with the poster above who said that picking a race, especially one that a friend is doing, can help give you a boost. I did that in Nov. and Feb -- guess now that it is April, maybe I should try to pick another one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.