Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
You met him, (not my type either, just 'cos I said he is cute!) Where Mona?

I remember The Ascent of Man, and yes we all watched it together, on the telly with the knobs you had to get up and press or turn, no remote controls then.

Linda Heywood

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Met him at Astrofest. He gave a talk on particle physics and did a book signing. I thought the talk was perfectly clear, but some of the astronomers didn't follow it. Apparently a portion of the female audience didn't care what the talk was about.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Ha, ha - he is so sweet though, his smile is infectious. We're not talking Paul Newman, though eh girls? And I have a soft spot for Prof Cox as he is from my home town.

Did you see the doc about Bronowski by his daughter, Mona? I talked about it on page 2 of this thread and wondered what you felt about it or if you'd seen it. (and even if you'd seen my post!) smile

Last edited by Eileen Brit TV; 03/26/11 06:03 PM.

Eileen O�Sullivan
BritishTelevision Ed
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
He worked on the large hadron collider in Switzerland I think that is where I first saw him.

Okay I had to Google him. 1990'S he used to be in a pop band called D:Ream as the keyboard player. THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER... I remember that song LOL got to number one! He was also in a band called DARE!

Last edited by Linda - Islam; 03/26/11 06:20 PM.

Linda Heywood

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OK Linda - I take it you're referring to Prof Brian Cox and not Jacob Bronowski, as the keyboard player with D:Ream???!!!!

'Things Can Only Get Better' heralded the Tony Blair administration - as British Prime Minister - and it's very much a moot point whether things got better or not!

Obviously our Brian (as he's affectionatley known in Manchester) had the fame bug even then, and I suppose things have got better for him, if no one else

Eileen O�Sullivan
BritishTelevision Ed
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Ops yes! Our Brian.

Linda Heywood

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
No, I didn't see the doc on Bronowski by his daughter. I rarely watch tv, though I must say that would have interested me. I've just googled it and I did not realise that Lisa Jardine was his daughter. I haven't read any of her books, but I've read reviews which put them on my to-read list--alas, a lot longer than I have time for!

I also notice Amazon is offering the whole Ascent of Man series for �15.93. I'm tempted.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Wow - all that priceless knowledge for �15.93 - no wonder you're tempted, Mona. And perhaps it could entice you back to the small screen? Although quite what Bronowski would have made of TV circa 2011 is anyone's guess. Hopefully he wouldn't think it signalled the Descent of Man

Last edited by Eileen Brit TV; 03/26/11 08:19 PM.

Eileen O�Sullivan
BritishTelevision Ed
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/13/24 08:26 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/13/24 06:20 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/11/24 04:36 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.