Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
marger, simplicityshines, Jessyyoga, Arash, Ziv Halevy
57406 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57406 Members
417 Forums
113457 Topics
805543 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 574
Beetlemess 233
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 147
Jana - Creativity Editor 133
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 79
Nancy Roussy 75
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Mona - Astronomy 41
Sandra Investing/HFinance 38
Dianne W - Editor 21
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#668690 - 03/09/11 10:02 AM A few tattoo facts
AprilAlisaMarquette Offline
Shark

Loc: The South
Please enjoy the article Tattoos - Pop-Culture or Ethnically Significant

Did you know that the English word �tattoo� is believed to be a derivative of the Polynesian word tatau -- which is also Samoan for tattoo? The Tahitian word is tatu. The Japanese word irezumi means insertion of ink. However, tebori is traditional Japanese hand-tattooing.

In tattooing, modern techniques now allow people to receive designs and colors that were once virtually impossible.

Television shows like Inked and LA Ink, which depict tattoos, their seekers, and the artists who create them, have aided this art form to become wider spread in pop culture.

Did you know that human tattoos are considered body modification, but tattoos on animals are mostly for branding (cows), or for identification purposes (pets or show animals)...

Add A few tattoo facts to Twitter Add A few tattoo facts to Facebook Add A few tattoo facts to MySpace Add A few tattoo facts to Del.icio.us Digg A few tattoo facts Add A few tattoo facts to Yahoo My Web Add A few tattoo facts to Google Bookmarks Add A few tattoo facts to Stumbleupon Add A few tattoo facts to Reddit
#669686 - 03/13/11 01:15 PM Re: A few tattoo facts [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Tuculia, Daughters Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Michigan, Southfield
Hey April,

You provided a great deal of information and history. I have always been amazed with them. The history and information you provided was outstanding. Thanks for sharing! Stop by the site when you get a chance.

Edited by TCW (03/13/11 01:15 PM)

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�

Add Re: A few tattoo facts to Twitter Add Re: A few tattoo facts to Facebook Add Re: A few tattoo facts to MySpace Add Re: A few tattoo facts to Del.icio.us Digg Re: A few tattoo facts Add Re: A few tattoo facts to Yahoo My Web Add Re: A few tattoo facts to Google Bookmarks Add Re: A few tattoo facts to Stumbleupon Add Re: A few tattoo facts to Reddit
#670412 - 03/15/11 01:12 PM Re: A few tattoo facts [Re: Tuculia, Daughters Editor]
Shark

Hi Tuculia,

Great to see you! Thanks for reading. I learned quite a few things myself while doing research for Ethnic Beauty's tattoo article. smile

I sure will.

Add Re: A few tattoo facts to Twitter Add Re: A few tattoo facts to Facebook Add Re: A few tattoo facts to MySpace Add Re: A few tattoo facts to Del.icio.us Digg Re: A few tattoo facts Add Re: A few tattoo facts to Yahoo My Web Add Re: A few tattoo facts to Google Bookmarks Add Re: A few tattoo facts to Stumbleupon Add Re: A few tattoo facts to Reddit
#670416 - 03/15/11 01:17 PM Re: A few tattoo facts [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Are you a fan of tattoos?

Live, Laugh and Love

#670692 - 03/16/11 10:02 AM Re: A few tattoo facts [Re: Tuculia, Daughters Editor]
Shark

I am!

I'm especially a fan of the 'secret surprise' ones that everybody doesn't get to see. LOL

#671425 - 03/19/11 04:08 PM Re: A few tattoo facts [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

You are funny!

Live, Laugh and Love

#682174 - 04/28/11 08:25 PM Re: A few tattoo facts [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Jontay HIV&AIDS Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: AprilAlisaMarquette
I am!

I'm especially a fan of the 'secret surprise' ones that everybody doesn't get to see. LOL

I have one of those myself April... they are great.....

Be Protected... Get Educated... Stay ALIVE!

"In order to succeed, simply act as though it is impossible to fail."

#683673 - 05/04/11 10:09 AM Re: A few tattoo facts [Re: Jontay HIV&AIDS]
Shark

Go Jontay! I don't suppose you can tell us what your tatoo is...

A friend of a friend has an apple with a bite out of it somewhere that the sun doesn't shine! smile

#686297 - 05/13/11 07:32 AM Re: A few tattoo facts [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Promila Offline

Hello, Tattooing has a great history ,I see.

#686337 - 05/13/11 12:57 PM Re: A few tattoo facts [Re: Promila]
Shark

You're so right Promila, thanks for commenting. Stop back by anytime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Juliette - Ethnic Beauty 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
North Carolina Wines
by Peter - Wine
Wine
2 minutes 29 seconds ago
Fall Fun Word Game
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Investing
18 minutes 22 seconds ago
A feast Jesus would love
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
28 minutes 54 seconds ago
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
59 minutes 43 seconds ago
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Inspiration
Today at 07:48 AM
Thanksgiving Money Reflections
by Sandra Investing/HFinance
Investing
Today at 06:35 AM
Black Fridays and Cyber Mondays
by Grace-Newsletters Editor
Ezines
Today at 06:34 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 03:50 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 03:47 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 03:42 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
3 registered (Peter - Wine, Teresa - Holistic Health, Mona - Astronomy), 112 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.