Next Thread
Print Thread
#667019 03/03/11 03:57 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
In my article about King Arthur's circle casting at Stonehenge I seem to have put the wrong link in for the Druid Order. This is the correct one

Last edited by Ninjahedgewych; 03/03/11 12:42 PM.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
That is a funny, yet enlightening, story, Ian. I bet King Arthur did not even flinch when they turned him East.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Not Arthur! He's so used to casting circles at public events, protests etc. he can block most things out. There is a video of some of the Crossing of the Bridge on the IOD site although, sadly, they missed out the events covered in the article. If you scoll down you can see if you can spot me and Linda my wife (Hint: my outfit encompasses my Mexican and Ninja training roots)

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
I thought I saw you in one of the pictures! I will go check it out again.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Yes -- I saw you and Linda in the video. Looks like you had nice weather for the gathering.

I know another writer, Bard of Ely, (singer-songwriter, poet, author and freelancer) from Cardiff, Wales. He now lives in Tenerife. Steve Andrews is his name. He wrote an article about Meeting King Arthur Pendragon, which I found very interesting.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Wow! Twyford Down! That takes me back. It was the first place I's seen Pagans, Satanists, Chaos Mages and all manner of magickal folk all united in one cause. That bit of road is one of the most cursed in the whole of the UK, I like to think it was the Portsmouth Pagans that convinced everyone to "curse the road- not the users". As a result there are regular roadworks there because the 'road surface seems to keep breaking up for some reason' to quote a Ministry of Transport spokesman.

I know when there was the threat of a monorail through the residential area of Portsmouth I turned up at a council hearing dressed as you saw me in the video. I explained to the spokesman of the group that I could probably get King Arthur and the Warband down to protest, because some oak groves were threatened, in a way practically guaranteed to attract the press. I don't know if it was just that but the council folded on that proposal faster than someone with a bad poker hand.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
Were the Oak Groves saved? I get so sad when I hear of Oaks or any trees being threatened in any way.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Yes, as far as I know they are still going strong. People in Portsmouth seem to love their trees and get rather angry when they are threatened. These were oaks on the common near the sea and today their biggest threat seems to be that nasty 'sudden oak death' disease. All ok so far I think - will have to swing past them on Wednesday and see how they are doing.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
Wonderful! Give them (or at least the Grandfather) a hug for me.

Phyllis Doyle Burns

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.