Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#220906 11/11/05 03:15 AM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Ok, so what is your favorite type of getaway? Do you like to hang out a beach resort? How about a cabin in the mountains. Is the desert to your liking? How about an Eco-Vacation?

Favorite TYPE of Getaway?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 11/11/05 03:15 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Shannon Hurst Lane
Romantic Getaways Editor
http://romanticgetaways.bellaonline.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
I actually prefer vacationing to big cities. We live in rural Louisiana, experiencing a "foreign" culture and ecology every day (we're both native New Yorkers), so actually, we are kind of "on vacation" in our daily lives, as far as living in a beautiful place with great food and kind people.... I like the hustle and bustle of the city for a getaway.

C
C
I love vacations where there will be a beach for swimming,some
parties,food,music,local trips,plus other activies

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I agree with Megan - definitely (for moms and dads anyway) a break from the kids with a city break - such as a city break in a cultural capital like London, where you can both enjoy all the cultural things/gracious hotels you dont usually take the kids to.

For example, museums, art galleries,a London walk,opera - oh and the ballet - Swan Lake is on at The Royal Opera House in London if you can find a hotel near Covent Garden. The Radisson Edwardian is a lovely old-fashioned hotel - somewhere like that would be romantic - or Brown's Hotel, though they might be a bit too traditional and olde-worlde for some.
More details of good places on our london travel diary.....

Last edited by BellaShorts; 10/15/08 06:27 AM.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
We have 2 disinct grownup getaways we love, and 1 family.

As a couple, it really depends on ouir mood - whether we need a rest and a chance to catch up on quality time. _ Then we go stay in a beautiful cabin in the Norht Georgia Mountains around Helen, GA. If we can get up there during the leaved changing it is wonderful.

But it is just a cabin with no one else around, we can relax as much as we wan, eat out or cook in - no schedules to keep.

Our other is Las Vegas. This is when we need some Ooomph put back in our marriage - a little excitement. And that place does jive you up!

With the kids we will do either a beach getaway (laidback) or a theme park visit (epsom salts for my feet)

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
S
Shark
Shark
S
The desert is our choice since we are train fanatics and the best place to see them is the Mohave desert area. Tehachapi California
has some nice spots in the high desert.

D
D
I really like to go for the beaches for the getaways. But i enjoyed a lot at Stone Mountain which is at georgia. My getaway was like this..In the daytime, the earthly surroundings will be very relaxing and enjoyable. Come and spend the day, relaxing on your Getaways in Georgia. Walk your dog, and do your exercises in the park portion of Stone Mountain, Georgia. There are concession stands set up for service at Stone Mountain, Georgia, because food always enhances and encourages a good time. From corn dogs and popcorn, to ice cream and drinks, the concession stands will make a delightful accent to your Getaways in Georgia
I sow this place from at a site with address www.travelnews-worldwide.com/ and enjoyed a lot over there.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
David welcome to the forum! I also like the beach

Rosie L
D
D
hi Rosie.
You are the first person i know in this forum. How do u do???
Whats your favorite getaway. its fine to see that both of us like beaches. Can u share some getaways at beaches where u had enjoyed a lot.

M
M
Mountains & Beach - preferably both at once! Vancouver BC is great for that, but to enjoy the beach part, it really needs to be in the summer (May-Sep).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Marianne13 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.