logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
kellyr Offline OP
OP Offline
K
In 1999 my grandfather passed away at 72 of cancer. My grandparents had been married for over 50 years. At the time of his death she had never been alone and i was worried that she would pass away soon afterwards so my family moved in with her. It was myself, husband, 2 yr old daughter and 11 yr old son. We stayed with her from 7/99 until 10/02 when i couldn't take it anymore and bought a condo in southern california to get away. At the time my sister had moved in with her so she wasn't alone. In 6/07 i went for a visit thinking i would stay for a week or two but ended up staying and taking care of her until she recently passed away. It was one of the hardest things of done. I have had a lot of resentment for the family and now that she has passed i do not want anything to do with family again. I feel i have done my part. I am closing the chapter and want nothing further to do with any of them. They werent around when she was alive much and i just want to wash my hands of them and be done. Would like some input from those or advice to get me through this. Cant deal with the family because they just dont understand my anoymosity for them and what i really have done.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
I haven't been through this but it sounds incredibly difficult and frustrating to feel so alone when you needed help and support from family. I'm the one who lives farthest away from aging parents and feel guilty about not helping more.

Whatever your relationship ends up being with the family, you should take pride that you stepped up to the plate when no one else would and maybe go from there. I'm glad for your mother's sake that she wasn't alone at the end.

Alice, Senior Living Editor
Senior Living Website
Senior Living Forum

Moderated by  DeboraD 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.