Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
kangtuo, asinmylife, izzy87, fanaledrinks112, sophaylavender
56994 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56995 Members
417 Forums
112503 Topics
795202 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 707
Rosie 66 701
Karm - SW USA Editor 283
Nancy Roussy 191
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 161
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 128
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 126
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 123
Linu 114
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 101
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#666085 - 02/27/11 05:08 AM Cleaning out the desk drawer
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

My desk drawer can barely be opened because it is so full of stuff. How did this happen? Do I really need need this stuff?

And this is after I sent a large box of pencils etc down to Alabama after Katrina too!

Add Cleaning out the desk drawer to Twitter Add Cleaning out the desk drawer to Facebook Add Cleaning out the desk drawer to MySpace Add Cleaning out the desk drawer to Del.icio.us Digg Cleaning out the desk drawer Add Cleaning out the desk drawer to Yahoo My Web Add Cleaning out the desk drawer to Google Bookmarks Add Cleaning out the desk drawer to Stumbleupon Add Cleaning out the desk drawer to Reddit
#666185 - 02/27/11 07:57 PM Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Angela J. Shirley Offline
Tiger

LOL, you need to see our house - my boyfriend does not throw stuff out. I use to be this way, but after moving so many times - have learn't the hard way to clean out regularly. With him, he is just too busy. With me, it was being "lazy" = hate to clean smile

Add Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer to Twitter Add Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer to Facebook Add Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer to MySpace Add Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer Add Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer to Stumbleupon Add Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer to Reddit
#666259 - 02/28/11 01:37 AM Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Tammy - Cleaning Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Arizona, USA
We have been in the process of moving and I filtered through SEVERAL junk drawers and hope that we can stay on top of them at the new house. smile Funny how easy it is to let it accumulate and hard it is to get it dejunked!! smile

Add Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer to Twitter Add Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer to Facebook Add Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer to MySpace Add Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer Add Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer to Stumbleupon Add Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer to Reddit
#666442 - 02/28/11 10:52 PM Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer [Re: Tammy - Cleaning Editor]
Debbie - Online Auctions Offline

I think one reason I hate throwing things out is that it always seems as soon as I do go on a cleaning frenzy within a week I am needing something that I just threw away. If I really stop to think about it, the real problem is I let it get so out of hand that when I do clean the junk drawer/closet/basement/shed it has reached the point I can't stand it another minute and I truly am in a "frenzy" when I am cleaning that I don't stop to think about each item.

#666564 - 03/01/11 03:33 PM Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer [Re: Debbie - Online Auctions]
Tammy - Cleaning Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Arizona, USA
That is how I felt about it this time too, Debbie. smile I was just ready to 'get rid' of stuff. We'll see how much of it I end up missing!! smile

#666596 - 03/01/11 05:49 PM Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer [Re: Tammy - Cleaning Editor]
Tina - Living Simply Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Bay Area, California
Lisa,

Lay a large plastic bag on the floor. Tip the whole contents of the drawer onto the plastic bag. Clean out the drawer and only put back what you really want.

Then, if you can, throw everything left on the plastic bag in the garbage bin.

Drastic, I know, but fast. And you'll feel very good about it very soon.

I know we want to recycle and see that every pencil has a good home, but occasionally it's easier not to. With your newly refurbished nearly empty drawer you'll be more productive and you can resolve to recycle everything from now on.

WireFreeBra.com

Living Simply-Improve Your Life with Less Clutter Book

#667120 - 03/03/11 08:19 PM Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer [Re: Tina - Living Simply]
BellaOnline Editor

Ooooooo Tina - that's brilliant! Plastic bag! Dump out!!

OK I am doing that this very second, thank you so much!

#667121 - 03/03/11 08:24 PM Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

OK this was what was in my desk drawer where I sit every day. No wonder I couldn't find anything in it!!

Now to sort through this all!

#667124 - 03/03/11 08:47 PM Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Asha - Scot./Eng. Culture Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: England
Tina brilliant suggestion.

Lisa great picture. Do let us see the "after" one.
English Culture

#667127 - 03/03/11 09:09 PM Re: Cleaning out the desk drawer [Re: Asha - Scot./Eng. Culture]
BellaOnline Editor

It took about a half hour and now everything is much, much cleaner! Plus I found all sorts of useful things.

Highly recommended!

Now I have to use up all these stamps. I've only used "forever" stamps for the past few years so I'm not even sure what to do with these other odd ones.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
6 seconds ago
Is it possible?
by kangtuo
Fashion Jewelry
53 minutes 26 seconds ago
What's your favorite fashion item?
by kangtuo
Fashion Jewelry
55 minutes 32 seconds ago
Chinese valentine’s day
by happy to make friends
Creativity
56 minutes 2 seconds ago
What to wear to add more impression?
by kangtuo
Fashion Jewelry
57 minutes 56 seconds ago
Strawberries and John Lennon - Made Me Cry!
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
American Regional Cuisine
Today at 12:46 AM
Shaving for us women ?
by Nancy Roussy
Body Care
Today at 12:36 AM
Replace one word... (new game)
Comedy Movies
Today at 12:19 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
Contests & Sweepstakes
Yesterday at 10:43 PM
First and last letter Worldwide Recipe Game!
American Regional Cuisine
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 74 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.