logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Thanks for the delightful information, Francine. I can hardly believe it is already June - almost half our year now experienced.

My family loves potatoes. At every potluck there are potato salads, scalloped potatoes, potato au gratin, potato/sausage/peppers/onions dish. We love it! I once fixed a German potato salad and everyone loved it!

I wish I had my own yard to grow potatoes.

The month of May was very radical as far as the weather goes. We kept switching around to all four seasons on one month. We never knew how to dress each day. It would snow, hail, or rain in the mornings, warm up by lunch time and a few days of thunder in the afternoons.

I will have to go search for some summer weather proverbs to share with you. I do remember that if the wasps build their nests in the open, we will have a dry summer.

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 06/02/11 03:12 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

July already Phyllis, so here is this month's �Farmer�s Wisdom�.

Wenn die Ameisen im Juli ihre Haufen h�her machen, so folgt ein strenger Winter

When the ants make their hills higher during July, the coming winter will be severe.

Well not sure what is happening where you are, but here, although there are masses of ants all over the place, at least for the moment their hills are so small they are hardly noticeable.

Perhaps they are saving their energy for a mad spurt at the end of the month.

Francine

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Thank you, as always, Francine for sharing your proverb with us.

Over here we have not yet seen any ant hills yet. They must be somewhere though because we are getting the large red ants around the patio.

I love your new Avatar! Castles are one of my favorite interests.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Happy you like the avatar Phyllis, a �good fairy� helped me to get it up there����otherwise it probably would have taken me as long to succeed as building the castle, Neuschwanstein �the Disney castle�. That took 23 years, and King Ludwig died when only 15 of the 200 rooms for his dream home were completed, although he did manage to live in it for a whole 172 days.

Imagine trying to drag all the construction materials up the mountainside. Just after walking up it to visit the place I was exhausted for hours. tired

Francine

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Oh my gosh! You have been up there? It is so beautiful. Thank you for the information on it, Francine.

That is sad that King Ludwig died before his castle was completed.

Here is another proverb for you:

Thunder in the morning, all day storming -
Thunder at night is the travelers delight

Phyllis Doyle Burns
& this ole guy plans to visit that same castle about a week after Thanksgiving this year. Am really looking forward to it!

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Oh have you got a treat in store Beetlemess, you will love it. smile

As a Gothic revival Neuschwanstein�s design might have had nothing to do with the 19th century when it was built, but it is/was an amazing �flight of fancy�. Quite unforgettable.

You will quite probably have snow at that time of year and a mist that encircles the castle in narrow bands, which of course makes it appear even more as if it had just popped out of a book of fairy tales.

There are horse drawn wagons, no cars allowed, but �plan in� good shoes and a vitamin packed breakfast if you are going to walk up to the castle.

Have you been over here before, and will you be staying in Munich, or close to the castle in Schwangau or Fussen?

Francine

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I LOVE the castle avatar too!!! I've dreamt of visiting a castle. And living there! Like a Queen!

The only folk saying I can think of is April showers bring May flowers LOL!!!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

No dew on the grass at night is a sign of rain.

Deanna and Francine, did either of you see that movie, titled '(something) In April'? It was about a group of women who all paid their own part to rent a castle somewhere in Europe. It is a really good movie. Anyway, I have always wanted to do that. If I could spend a month in an ancient castle with dear friends I would be so happy. What a delightful experience that would be.

PS: Francine, Beetlemess is away for the long weekend. I am sure he will answer your post when he returns. He is very good about replying. smile

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 07/02/11 04:07 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Phyllis, I don't know of that movie! I agree though, it would be an amazing experience to share a castle with good friends! Seems it would be pretty inspiring too!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.