Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Asha - Scottish Culture
My vote - Clarsach
How cool! You have taught me the correct term word for the traditional Scottish harp! Thank you, Asha!

I had a dear friend who used to make beautiful folk harps based on these. I even got to create, etch and paint a honeysuckle design on the soundbox of one for him.

I think it is a good topic for an article.

Do you play the Clarsach?

I regret not including it in the poll. You can vote for "other", and three other instruments, if you like. :-)

Cheers!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
Since my accident, the one that was the cause of all the spine surgeries, especially the 2 neck surgeries I don't have the coordination to play an instrument anymore. Just a short time ago, I found a piano I wanted, tried playing the Bells of Saint Marys and knew it wouldn't be possible again. In fact, with animal rehabbing I had to teach my husband how to play a syringe. I can't hold onto it and control it.

My daughter loves music, use to love Yanni until I played several CD's to death when we toured the US. The Yanni CD's were dangled out the car window until I stopped to buy new Cd's lol. She knows how to hurt me!

My son passed away in 1995. Erika loves animals but has a deep wound from her little Chausie cat dieing during surgery. I doubt if she will ever let herself become emotionally attached to any animal again. This was on top of losing her brother.

I took her out of school for a year, with LD/ADD it wasn't going well anyway. I home schooled. We got in the car and visited every possible site I could think of, from the Eisenhower museum; she learned what a supreme commander was, to the battlefields of the south, a monument in the making Crazy Horse. We went from Minnesota, to the East coast, Gulf of Mexico, West coast back through the north and through the mid west. We spent close to a year in the car. She came home reading well above of what she had learned in school. Did I get off music or what smile

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor
Since my accident, the one that was the cause of all the spine surgeries, especially the 2 neck surgeries I don't have the coordination to play an instrument anymore. Just a short time ago, I found a piano I wanted, tried playing the Bells of Saint Marys and knew it wouldn't be possible again. In fact, with animal rehabbing I had to teach my husband how to play a syringe. I can't hold onto it and control it.

My daughter loves music, use to love Yanni until I played several CD's to death when we toured the US. The Yanni CD's were dangled out the car window until I stopped to buy new Cd's lol. She knows how to hurt me!

My son passed away in 1995. Erika loves animals but has a deep wound from her little Chausie cat dieing during surgery. I doubt if she will ever let herself become emotionally attached to any animal again. This was on top of losing her brother.

I took her out of school for a year, with LD/ADD it wasn't going well anyway. I home schooled. We got in the car and visited every possible site I could think of, from the Eisenhower museum; she learned what a supreme commander was, to the battlefields of the south, a monument in the making Crazy Horse. We went from Minnesota, to the East coast, Gulf of Mexico, West coast back through the north and through the mid west. We spent close to a year in the car. She came home reading well above of what she had learned in school. Did I get off music or what smile
Diana, you and your daughter sure have been through some hard stuff. My very heartfelt condolences for the passing of your son.

May all be well for you and your family from now on.

It sounds like you shared wonderful mother-daughter adventures as a very special part of her home-schooling.

Hugs,

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Sabira - Musician Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.