Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Here is my new article How To Have a Great Home Recording Studio.

I have tried to provide guidelines that I would have loved to have when we started putting together our home studio.

I had so much fun researching to gain more current and well-rounded knowledge to share! I hope you find it useful!

And, as always, I welcome your comments, questions and suggestions. :-)

Cheers!

Last edited by Sabira - Musician Editor; 02/11/11 05:58 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
What a wealth of information Sabira. I was thinking of putting together a recording set-up but I really didn't have any idea how to start. Your article has been a big help to me. Thanks and keep up the good work!

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Originally Posted By: lovely_rita
What a wealth of information Sabira. I was thinking of putting together a recording set-up but I really didn't have any idea how to start. Your article has been a big help to me. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Thank you Lovely Rita!

I am so glad my article is helpful!

I hope you will keep us posted on what you select for your studio, and your experiences with it. And I hope to hear your music!

Cheers!

P
P
Wow! I feel like I hit the jackpot when I found your article! It's great and covers so much. I would like to ask a question, though. I've been recording with my Yamaha Clavinova to a floppy disk and then using my computer to convert the MIDI files to WAV files and then burn to an audio CD. However, the sound quality on the CD is not the best; it's "thin" and has a "tinny" sound. What do I need to do in order to produce a finished product that sounds good enough to sell?

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Originally Posted By: PianoNana
Wow! I feel like I hit the jackpot when I found your article! It's great and covers so much. I would like to ask a question, though.
Thank you, PianoNana! I am glad you like it!
Originally Posted By: PianoNana
I've been recording with my Yamaha Clavinova to a floppy disk and then using my computer to convert the MIDI files to WAV files and then burn to an audio CD. However, the sound quality on the CD is not the best; it's "thin" and has a "tinny" sound. What do I need to do in order to produce a finished product that sounds good enough to sell?
Are you happy with the way the WAV files sound after being converted from the midi? If not, that is where you have to start. Your computer is only as good as what you put in it.

You say the sounds are thin - are they just piano sounds, or trying to represent a whole band (bass, drums, etc.)? I ask because the other instruments require much more frequency response.

You can add frequencies with plug-ins. Check out Sonic Maximizer and other related plug-ins, that add tone and frequency. This will add some frequencies that are not in the original source.

A lot of recording engineers use EQs and other plug-ins in the mastering process to fatten up their sound.

The Tascam US1641 USB 2.0 DAI bundled with the Cubase LE4 DAW, and the mastering program Wavelab 7 Elements, are linked to the bottom of my article because they work well together and are being offered at a great price.

I hope this helps, and I hope you will let us know when your project is complete, and where we can hear it!

Cheers!

Moderated by  Sabira - Musician Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.