Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
bertinglebra, ostabest, spoodle22, KaylaWa, Marie Stroman
57465 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57466 Members
417 Forums
113608 Topics
806767 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 438
Nancy Roussy 227
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 108
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 64
Jana - Creativity Editor 61
Mona - Astronomy 58
Beetlemess 49
Sandra Investing/HFinance 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 39
mary-tea1 18
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#664960 - 02/22/11 03:32 PM Cleaned the Bedroom
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

My house had devolved back to being completely messy. The bedroom had giant piles of clothes everywhere and every surface was piled with random junk. I sleep in there (makes sense) and I imagined that I was breathing in tons of dust every night which didn't feel good. So finally I went on a cleaning spree last night and finished up this morning. The clothes are all put away! The surfaces are clean! I vacuumed! I feel so much better about the bedroom now. I can go to sleep and wake up in a serene state, which is a great start and end to each day!

I realized my pants drawer has 9 pairs of sweats in it - all black! Those are all my pants I wear! I guess I'm monochromatic when it comes to pants smile I do have tops in different colors at least!

How are you guys doing with your bedrooms?

I have to admit that Bob still has his clothes pile in the back corner, maybe sometime I'll actually put those away for him.

Oh and the air conditioner is *still* in a corner even though winter is almost over smile

Add Cleaned the Bedroom to Twitter Add Cleaned the Bedroom to Facebook Add Cleaned the Bedroom to MySpace Add Cleaned the Bedroom to Del.icio.us Digg Cleaned the Bedroom Add Cleaned the Bedroom to Yahoo My Web Add Cleaned the Bedroom to Google Bookmarks Add Cleaned the Bedroom to Stumbleupon Add Cleaned the Bedroom to Reddit
#664962 - 02/22/11 03:35 PM Re: Cleaned the Bedroom [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Angela J. Shirley Offline
Tiger

LOL, Lisa, now I need you to come over to MY house and clean OURs smile

I am very "lazy" and try to pick up as I go as you know HE is not doing this. But one day, not making any promises, I need to crawl up under our bed and see what is under there - yikes, no telling.

Add Re: Cleaned the Bedroom to Twitter Add Re: Cleaned the Bedroom to Facebook Add Re: Cleaned the Bedroom to MySpace Add Re: Cleaned the Bedroom to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Cleaned the Bedroom Add Re: Cleaned the Bedroom to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Cleaned the Bedroom to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Cleaned the Bedroom to Stumbleupon Add Re: Cleaned the Bedroom to Reddit
#665062 - 02/22/11 04:58 PM Re: Cleaned the Bedroom [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Tammy - Cleaning Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Arizona, USA
Sometimes I think the bedroom can be the hardest to keep up with - because of the least amount of 'public viewing' it can get. Good Job Lisa getting it done. That is half the battle - now the other half is staying on top of it!!

If you have kids Angela - send them up under the bed - I bet they will think it is fun!!! (nieces or nephews work too!!) lol Good luck!!

Add Re: Cleaned the Bedroom to Twitter Add Re: Cleaned the Bedroom to Facebook Add Re: Cleaned the Bedroom to MySpace Add Re: Cleaned the Bedroom to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Cleaned the Bedroom Add Re: Cleaned the Bedroom to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Cleaned the Bedroom to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Cleaned the Bedroom to Stumbleupon Add Re: Cleaned the Bedroom to Reddit
#665077 - 02/22/11 05:24 PM Re: Cleaned the Bedroom [Re: Tammy - Cleaning Editor]
"Rosie" Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Good job Lisa, I went on a cleaning spree the other day
The temperature was near 60
So i got a touch of spring fever
I love opening the windows

#666079 - 02/26/11 11:55 PM Re: Cleaned the Bedroom [Re: "Rosie"]
BellaOnline Editor

Rosie -You're brave! I haven't opened the windows yet smile

The bedroom is actually getting cleaner -now that the main mess is mostly gone I can more clearly see remaining mess and handle them one by one! Victory!

#761498 - 05/07/12 06:48 PM Re: Cleaned the Bedroom [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

OK the bedroom had devolved smile I just put away all the clothes and at least that is done. Bob got us a new TV for the bedroom - he's insane because I'm sitting here counting pennies to pay my bills and calling every utility to get them as low as possible. But it was out of his bank account. In any case, it means our dresser now has a TV on it - he needs to get that mounted so that space gets back.

I also took all my old Avon creams out of the closet and put them on my dresser. Either I use these things or I throw them away at this point, they are fairly old. Hopefully I will use them of course.

Plus there are a few book stacks in there, for night time reading. That's in addition to the four bookcases in there smile. I have books everywhere. Progress is slow but steady in that area.

How are you guys doing with your bedrooms?

#761506 - 05/07/12 07:23 PM Re: Cleaned the Bedroom [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jenny - Feng Shui Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: West Virginia
Hi Lisa, sorry to tell you but a TV in the bedroom is bad Feng Shui. You are on the right track though by getting rid of the junk and clutter. I know its difficult to combine two personalities into one home/room so, I think I have an article idea in the making...lol.

#761519 - 05/07/12 08:47 PM Re: Cleaned the Bedroom [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Dear Jenny -

I have been resisting a TV in the bedroom for 16 years now. He finally just went out and bought one despite my protests and put it in there. On the upside, he always fell asleep in front of the TV downstairs and we never slept together. Which I disliked. So this seems to be the only way to get him to sleep in the bed. Which I do want.

Moderator:  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Winter Solstice in Ireland
by Bee - IrishCulture
Irish Culture
23 minutes 28 seconds ago
While you Were Sleeping Movie Review
by Mystic - Romance Movies
Romance Movies
58 minutes 2 seconds ago
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 08:37 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 08:36 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 08:33 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 08:30 AM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 07:41 AM
Best Body Care Gifts for Friends & Family
by BB -Body Care
Body Care
Today at 07:29 AM
Top 10 Mistakes at the Car Dealer
by Steve - Cars
Cars
Today at 07:04 AM
Winter Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 02:17 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.