Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#664437 02/19/11 11:10 PM
N
OP Offline
N
I have started my journey to find out if Wicca is for me. I am very drawn to the idea of Wicca. I have read a few books, which have helped, however I am a hands on kind of learner and wish I could find a guide through my journey. I have a very hard time finding any wiccans in my own community. I also would like some clarification on how to choose the right deities for me. If anyone has any suggestions, please share. I have tried other religions and believe this may be where I truly belong. Thank you

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Well, when I was starting down the Wiccan path, my teacher told me that if God was my diety, that is what/who I could stick with. I really haven't picked up any other Gods nor Goddesses.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
The very first book I read was "How to ride a silver broomstick" By: Silver RavenWolf, she has a ton of books, I also read Scott Cunningham books they are amazing as well. Where do you live if you don't mind me asking, some communities keep this quiet but if there are some stores in your area that sell metaphysical stuff, you might be able to find some like minded people there.

Karen Artino
BellaOnline.com/Tarot editor
Tarot Website
Tarot Forum
http://www.AnswersByTarot.com
N
OP Offline
N
Thank you Karen. That is actually the first book I read too. I also have another by Her as well. I live in a small town called Klamath Falls in Oregon. I do have a shop I go to but not sure they can send me in the right direction.(no one speaks openly about the wicca stuff the shop supplies) I have tried other websites and this the first one people are willing to actually talk to a newbie. I will be a closet Wiccan for the most part because around here it's "evil" or a I would be labeled as a crazy lol. The crazy I can probably handle. I am looking for some spiritual belonging and think I am on the right path. Tish

Last edited by needing a little guidance; 02/20/11 02:43 PM.
N
OP Offline
N
Robbin I had know idea I could choose not to choose a god or goddess however this I am more comfortable with than I thought I would be. The "horned God" was a little hard to get use to because of my up bringing however I am open to the idea now.

Gecko
Gecko
Merry meet-

I also had read "How to ride a silver broomstick" By: Silver RavenWolf back in the day. I agree with your feedback and I would also like to add that you don't need to feel rushed either, when it is right it will call to you.

I am also involved in Wiccan communities on line and not only are they welcoming to new members, there is a great amount of information there as well as meeting others like ourselves. If you are interested- this is one of the communities I am involved in- Wiccan Together- place for Wiccans and Pagans. Besides having so much information there, you will get to inneract with others and so much more!

Best of luck to you.

Proud Pagan
N
OP Offline
N
Thats Wonderful! I will check it out thank you Maureen :)

Amoeba
Amoeba
I, too, read Silver Broomstick. As mentioned above Cunningham is good as well. About which dieties to work with, find whatever you are comfortable with. My feelings are that no matter what the religion is, as long as you are doing right, we are all just taking different paths to the same place. Good luck on your journey.

Molly Carter
Attachment Parenting
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oooh I remember Ride a Silver Broomstick!!! That was a fun book. I like Scott Cunningham too! I really liked Spiral Dance by Starhawk.

I really enjoyed the books on Wicca and Paganism, but ended up veering off into Shamanism LOL.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

N
OP Offline
N
Thank you everyone for your help. Any suggestions on finding a teacher?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.