Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
I just want it for a little while. There is too much noise in this family to the point of me getting headaches. I want to teach them that silence can be beneficial when done right.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
Lisa, I am not giving up my typing. Then I would go crazy. I just crave some peace and quiet. No screaming. No running. No shouting across the house. No loud television. No video games. Maybe a little music in the background.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Rebecca G.
� I have taken a vow of silence for the next week to rediscover myself. I have gone all day with 99% success rate of not saying a word. I learned a lot�
Hi Rebecca, a recent TV programme here in the UK took a small group of people to a retreat where they were not allowed to speak for several days. They found emotions deep within that released them from all sorts of anxieties and guilt, and they discovered a life-changing self-awareness that was nothing like they had ever experienced before! (JOY)

R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
OK. My goals this week is to just stay caught up. I have to be honest. My biggest problem has been that I have no one place to call my own to write or study. I'm going to work on that this week (or kill a few family members LOL ). No, hubby promised to help me.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Rebecca -

I absolutely understand your need for silence. A benefit of me working at night is that it is quite silent. No cars driving past. The house is absolutely quiet and peaceful. In the day when Bob has the TV running I can find it hard to concentrate.

Have you thought about noise canceling headphones, with soft music playing? That does wonders!

Absolutely you should have "a place of your own"!! That is so important! there must be some corner of the house that you can carve out, to make your own little nook.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
How did your week of silence go? That is fascinating that you did that. I often have days where I talk to no one, but that's because no one is here. smile

R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
It went ok. It was hard because one person thought I was being ridiculous and was always trying to get me to break it. I have a friend that has offered me her sons room during the times he goes back to school so that I can escape. They will respect the silence.

R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
My short-term goals have changed a little bit because our long-term goals have changed. We are determined to move to Alaska in 2-3 years. We want to achieve our dreams of a hobby farm. We have been torn between Alaska and Maine. Still not completely final on Alaska, but we will be going to one of those places. The kids are really excited. Now, to save the money up to move. smile

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
How awesome and exciting! Both places sound good but I think Alaska might win out in the cool department. Plus they have good tax incentives for residents.

I want to see you make the hobby farm happen. And then I want to visit it!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yes definitely we want to see photos, Rebecca smile

This is a great example of how sometimes goals change, but your priorities tend to stay the same! It's good to review your goals every few months to see if they need tweaking!

Alaska is SO cool, I've loved my visits there.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.