logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Too violent? Are you kidding, I love True Blood and yes it can be bloody and gory but have you seen any of the cop shows on TV. Criminal Minds for one give me nightmares over some of their stories just to name on. I feel all the cop stories that have taken over TV are much more violent, give people ideas and is simply sad that seems that is all they can come up with. Let's see how many CSI's in different cities, etc. is on. Don't tell me True Blood is not too violent, we need a much more variety on TV, I enjoy True Blood and Vampire Diaries, get rid of all the violent cop shows and use creative minds to change the look of TV.

Sarah Redhawk
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I agree actually, I watched CSI with my family on a few occasions and seeing people getting cut up on the slab made me feel really ill - I left the room at one point. Slicing up internal organs was too much because it was too real I think.

I can't stand anything medical - plus they show all those disgusting bugs too. I think they're just as violent and they don't even have a fantasy element to them, which makes you take them more seriously.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
True Blood is a guilty pleasure. I read the books during the first season of the show, so it was interesting to see what Alan Ball took from the books. One of my favorite reasons for the show are the actors who play Eric and Jason-not too bad on the eyes lovers, and each are protrayed a little differently on the show. I like Book Eric better, but TV Jason better. The current Fae storyline was in two books I believe, and they are just now introducing it into the story on True Blood. Is it graphic? Sure is. Violent? Yep-I have a strong stomach and there were a few time I had to look away. But I think it does a good job for the target audience. I can't wait for next season, because I think there will be a lot more of the Sookie Stackhouse storylines incorporated. And the show would be just as great to be if they relied less on violence or sex so much and trusted the writers and actors, because I don't think they need so much of the shock factor now that there is a core audience following.

Kim Ringler

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.