Next Thread
Print Thread
#662992 02/14/11 03:38 PM
S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
What are your thoughts on wood wick candles?

Shanda Lynn Markham
CANDLEMAKING
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
i didnt know you used wood wicks shanda? you certainly know your stuff about candlemaking, ive bought a few tea light candles and those that smell nice, i think this could be a rival to aromatherapy oils. scented candles seem to change our moods like oils do and colours, i suppose i could make my own and will if i read up on them.

#663024 02/14/11 04:41 PM
S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
Actually I don't use wood wicks, but I had a reader ask about them and did some research. Although I would probably love wood wicks, I don't feel they are safe for my house. They have a higher and stronger flame than other wicks. I have 5 doggies, one being a chihuahua who when we least expect climbs onto the tables. She has singed some hair from a few flames and that makes me nervous as is, much less with wood wicks. I also can not vouch for my guys being more careful around wood wicks and can envision a fire.

I adore my candles. I've posted before, but throughout my house there are a total of about 41 candles. Flickering candle light is soooo relaxing! Add to that some great scents and it's a match made in heaven smile I'm very responsive to scents. If I'm too overly stressed I just go play with my candles and smell them all and instantly relax!! Not to mention some of those same scents in aromatherapy oils can be used in candles. Aromatherapy candles are a huge craze right now.

Shanda Lynn Markham
CANDLEMAKING
C
C
I love the crackling sound that wood wicks make. I haven't used them in my products but I am considering it for a future line. I have tried wood wick products from other manufacturers and my only issue is that sometimes they seem to create a lot of carbon particulate emission (soot) if you're using a glass vessel. It could just be that the manufacturers used the wrong size wood wick or it could be due to the fragrance blend. Overall I like them though.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.