Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
S
Polytheism is the belief that there is more than one deity. In practice, polytheism is not just the belief that there are multiple gods; it usually includes belief in the existence of a specific pantheon of distinct deities. Within polytheism there are hard and soft varieties: Hard polytheism views the gods as being distinct and separate beings Soft polytheism views the gods as being subsumed into a greater whole. Polytheism is also divided according to how the individual deities are regarded: Henotheism: Views that there may be more than one deity, but one is supreme. Monolatry: Views there may be muliple deities, but only one should be worshiped. Kathenotheism: Views that there is more than one deity, but only one deity at a time should be worshiped. Each is supreme in turn. Personally -I am categorized under Soft polytheism

Last edited by Sulverna; 01/03/11 12:25 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
<<< Monotheist

Linda Heywood

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Soft style - much like my martial arts.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Soft

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I'm definitely soft too laugh

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Amoeba
Amoeba
me I don't know where I fit in. Honestly, my mom and siblings are born again and I practice new age sometimes. I once consulted runes and it told me I have many deities.It was like talking to me but not in flesh. They are like tarot cards only runes are made of stones after that I stopped using it and now it is kept in a can of biscuits where no one can see it.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I did an article on the history of the Runes a few weeks back

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
I'm kindda like Monique, I call upon several Dieties depending on what I am doing, I may call upon one Diety for this and call upon another for something else. I'm not sure where that puts me?

Karen Artino
BellaOnline.com/Tarot editor
Tarot Website
Tarot Forum
http://www.AnswersByTarot.com
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
In the Kathenotheism camp , according to Sulverna

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
S
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
S
In cause your wondering I had stumbled across the terms while doing some research on Wikipedia. I just thought it would be fun to share. But to those of you who don't know were you fit in perhaps you can uses this questions to spark an internal search. I personally feel that the 'Path to Enlightenment' starts with defining your personal relationship with what you feel is and is not divine. But then again I am one of those weird people who is Pagan for the religion not the spells. I want to be one with the universe not control it.

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.