Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Do you know this recipe? If so I would really appreciate it if you could post the recipe and/or a website link to it here.

My mum tells me this is the cheesecake recipe she used to use when I was a child. I have great memories of it lovers

Unfortunately she has not made the cheesecake for a very long time and has lost the recipe.

If anyone has it, knows it or could post the recipe itself both I and my mother (she is making a cheesecake at the moment from another recipe but we both know it will not be the same!) would be exremely grateful.

Last edited by Asha - Scottish Culture; 01/14/11 03:42 PM.

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Asha,

Here is the recipe for cheesecake from Zena Skinner's First Four, which was published in 1968. Hopefully, it is the right one. If not, let me know.

Karen

Trudi's Cheesecake
12 oz. cream cheese (i.e. four 3-oz packets)
2 standard eggs
1 teaspoonful lemon juice
1 slightly heaped teaspoonful grated lemon rind
6 oz granulated sugar
2 teaspoonsful vanilla essence
14 digestive biscuits
1 1/2 z. melted butter

Topping
1 1/2 cartons sour cream (5-oz. size
1 1/2 oz. granulated sugar
1 teaspoonful vanilla essence

Method: crush the biscuits finely and add to the melted butter. Mix well together then press onto a 9" ovenproof or metal pie plate. If possible put this into a cold place to set while making the filling.
In a basin beat the eggs, then add the cheese, which has been broken up into small pieces, lemon juice, lemon rind, sugar, and essence. Beat with a rotary or electric beater until all the ingredients are evenly blended. Pour the mixture into the biscuit case and bake at approx. 350 F or mark 4 for 25-30 minutes. When set remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
To make topping: Beat all the ingredients well together, until evenly blended. Pour over the top of the cheesecake, and cook for a further 10 minutes at the same temperature.
When cold cover and chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours or alternatively, cover and place in a cold place overnight.

Karen Hancock, Quick Cooking Editor
Quick Cooking Website
Quick Cooking Forum

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Karen a thousand thank yous. My mum has confirmed this is the right recipe and finding it has made her very happy. She asked that I pass on her thanks queen

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

Moderated by  Karen - Desserts 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.