Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#661604 02/08/11 06:11 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Who was Merlin, really -- more intriguing, what was Merlin? Was he a sorcerer? A Seer? A magician? A prophet? A warrior? A shapeshifter? Was he a trusted counselor and emissary to the High Kings, including Arthur? Merlin was all this and more.

To read the full article, click on the following link:
Merlin, loved by many and feared by most

I hope you enjoy the article. As always, I welcome feedback. smile

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
nice article about merlin phyllis, there are a few films out that have merlins character in. i think it makes king arthur films special when we see merlin in them for all of us like a bit of magic in our lives. i dont think some of the people the queen knights over here though would of sat at arthurs round table, anybody gets knighted today lol

#661618 02/08/11 07:29 PM
OP Offline
Thanks for the comments, Lawrence. Back in Merlin's time, knights earned their honours with valor and bravery.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Great article Phyllis! What a complex and magical man he was laugh

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

OP Offline
Thanks, Deanna. Yup! Merlin was a very complex and magical man. One of my all-time favorite characters.

I just posted a follow-up article to this one. It is "Merlin Returns from Obscurity".

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Cool Phyllis! I'll go check it out laugh

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I like the way he's portrayed by Nicol Williamson in the film 'Excaliber'. I even got the chance to do the "To some a dream- to others a nightmare!!" re-enactment when I attended an old-boys reunion at my old school. Well, a member of staff did ask who I was..

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
OP Offline
I read the book Excalibur but have never seen the movie. It must be a good movie, I will have to find it.

So - what was your costume like that the staff member did not recognize your character? Surely you grew a long white beard for the role?

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
This was a new member of staff who had never met me before and I was one of the first people to arrived and wander into the staff room. He was the first person to ask who I was, but the a staff member I had done the "My name is Ian Edwards" in the style of the pop hit "My name is Michael Cain" by the British band 'Madness', the previous time I was there was within earshot and completed the introduction more formally.

I think it must be my sense of humour that I like parodying film scenes. I even got to parody the "Crocodile Dundee" scene when I was teasing my friend Anne at a documentary shoot about Paganism in the south of England:

She said "You shouldn't tease a Witch with an Athame in her hand" showing me the little knife in her hand. To which I folded my arms and replied:
" That's not an Athame- This is an Atheme"- and produced my Sykes Fairbairn Athame from my forearm sheath

-all off camera of course

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Ah ha! found the clip!

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.