Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#660772 02/04/11 10:07 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Jesus said to His disciples, "Come follow me." How often in a day are we asked to make that choice.

Everyday Christian

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Shark
Shark
L
Terrific article, Lynne. Some days I should probably read it about every half hour! Thanks for the reminders.

S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
yes lynne jesus said come follow me and we all should, but theres people out there today that dont. i think following jesus means now to follow in his philosophy and be pure in heart. if we are and we are kind to each other and help each other then we will begin to follow him, it is hard for some people that are set in their ways but as we get older we learn by our mistakes and people do change the world over, if jesus came back now in this time what do you think would happen, have you any thoughts about it. regards lawrence.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Everyone can change with belief, prayer and willingness. The Holy Spirit does the changing from within. It is a gradual change. My article is just a reminder for those who are willing.

I think that if Jesus came back today, He would rule as King. Every knee would bow. That is described in the Bible. He is coming back and I look forward to it. This article describes some of it. The Thousand Year Reign of Christ

If you are asking what Jesus would think if he would come back and live as He did then, not much would change. People know about Jesus now and either believe or not. With belief, they recieve the Holy Spirit and the change begins. Jesus wouldn't be surprised. He knows all of us now.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
SKYELAW,
I just reread your post and wondered, Did you read the Everyday Christian article or were you just commenting on the question in my post?

S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
i was just commenting on the post but i will read the article, i read all articles usually, i will have a look now lynne thanks.

S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
ive read the article lynne and thought it was nice. i think though that the revelation of john is not to be taken too seriously? it is contradictive in some of its content. i believe john was under stress when he had this revelation due to hunger and i feel it was more on the hallucination side of the vision he saw. i do not believe in satan or hell regardless of what the bible may say, a lot of the bible was edited in the time of constantine in year 325, it was translated into english by st bede from here where i live. dont get me wrong i believe in the bible but there are things in it that are fabricated. this was for control and to put fear into the people . god doesnt punish us he is too merciful, i had a near death exprience and saw the truth and learned about many things and hell didnt exist. i also learned that heaven would not be found in churches or organised religion but within our own selves, jesus even said the kingdom of god is within you. there is no religion like we see on earth in the afterlife. please dont take this the wrong way ? if you believe what you have been taught im ok with that and i cant see any problem at all. but for me i feel my revelation to myself was better than what is printed in the bible, you cant trust the word of god from a book. why do you think there are so many denominations? because they all cant get to the truth. i can see you are a good person and thats all that matters really, even those without a religion still enter paradise.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I understand that there are some people who believe as you do. The truth of the Bible has been proven to me time and time again. I do not find contradictions in the Bible. In depth studies of the Bible have been done and it is found true. One cannot understand the teachings of the Bible without the Holy Spirit and He is only within one after receiving Christ so it is understandable that there are those who disagree with it.

Denominations come from People and tradition not from God. However, it is biblical that people should worship together in order to help and encourage one another. Christians are to love one another. Different denominations don't bother me. I study the Bible to see what God says about worship.

I'm not trying to change your mind, but I hope you remain open to the possibility.

Last edited by Lynne Chapman; 02/09/11 06:39 PM.
S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
thanks for your reply lynne that was very nice what you just said, i feel you are a true christian and am pleased you have found god, i must admit that the holy spirit does indeed have to touch us to build our faith. i was brought up and confirmed a roman catholc but i was slapped and hit by members of the church and this led to me doubting certain issues. when i see the pope and cardinals dressed in lavish gold stitched vestments and drinking out of gold jeweled encrusted chalices with billions of pounds in cash in the bank i begin to question religion? it hurts when i see children in these desert countries with no food or water with flies landing on their little faces and knowing that the vatican could do more. i will pray a bit more and maybe find the holy spirit will help. thanks again . lawrence.

Last edited by SKYELAW; 02/09/11 07:51 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I'm sorry to hear of your experience with the church. I think that there are many people with similar stories. It shows that we are all fallen - even those who start out with good intentions. Our only hope is redemption by Jesus Chrsit.

The pictures of starving children break my heart too.

Thanks for visiting the forum, Lawrence.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.