Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
My latest article about decorating with cool colors is live on the Budget Decor home page.

You can read my article here.

Decorating with Cool Colors

Do you decorate with cool colors in your home? I'd love to hear how you use them!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Great article, Donna.

I live in a small apartment and on a tight budget. I use color for the seasons. In winter I use warm colors and summer I use cool colors.

Since my bathroom is always warm, I use purple and blue for decorating. I have picture of fairies on a lake that is mostly blue, and a little shelf below it with statues of fairies with blue and white colors. My towels are dark blue with dark purple hand towels and wash cloths. The shower curtain hooks are purple flowers with just a touch of green for the leaves. I have a small vase on the shelf with a small artificial fern in it to compliment the green in the shower hooks.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
hi donna i like eau de nil and lavender for my bedroom colours and i mixed a touch of red with white when i done the living room its a lovely pink , its even better with a touch of lavender added with the red to the white , nice and relaxing. i dont use blue much as its really cold where i live but i like blue for the colour of cars ive had lots of blue ones. is there a lot of demand for staining wood in the states? there is here in england. everyone that has seen the bedrooms think its a fantastic colour scheme, i am a bit of a perfectionist when i paint and used to paint and spray for a living.i would love to go to orange county and paint the motor cars and motorbikes there, ive seen a series on tv about it. regards lawrence.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
lol Lawrence you are so full of adventure and colour.

I think I am becoming a bit of a green girl. (But secretly would paint everywhere various shades of yellow.)

Not with envy! But the article said I could bring the outdoors in. And I would feel alive and healthy. Suits me fine, but it will have to be accessories as I can't paint the boring magnolia walls where I live!

Linda Heywood

S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
aye linda im adventurous, everyone does magnolia because its a neutral colour but we get fed up of it, my mam had it all over and antique gold for the woodwork, the lounges look lovely with a faint pink look and if you mix white paint mixed with a touch of red and lavender its lovelier still , when the side lights are on only at night its amazing . it saves you loads of money if you do your own colours. i love painting and staining when my arthritis eases its a lot easier, getting on a bit now ha ha .

S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
yellow is a lovely colour linda, there are various shades of lemon i like its nice for childrens rooms as is blue . if you experiment with touches of other colours into yellow you can get some fantastic results red for instance gives you a lovely shade of orange. if you look at the spectrum of colours you will see how to make your own colours red orange yellow green blue indigo violet --- -- -- -- colours mixed together make the colour in between as shown eg red and yellow make orange, happy painting linda

Last edited by SKYELAW; 02/05/11 06:35 AM.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
You are not alone in the getting on bit Lawrence! And you are in good company here.

Linda Heywood

S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
ha ha that sounds like you are not a teenager then linda, i think we are as young as we feel, my mind is young but my body isnt as young, id of been ok if id never got flung out of a car, i can still paint though thank god.

D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Hi Phyllis,
I'm glad you liked my article. I love that you use fairies in your decorating! Your bathroom sounds very pretty. I have similar colors in my master bath. It has green walls with a light lavender ceiling. My fixtures are white and my cabinets are an ugly beige that I've started painting white. Accents include, blue and lavender towels; 3 throw rugs that are bordered in green with blue, green, purple dragonflies and leaves scattered on a cream background; bowl of blue, purple, green soaps by the tub; green ceramic candle holder (looks like a lantern) with a purple hydrangea scented candle. I find the colors very soothing.

D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Hi Lawrence,
I love the colors in your bedroom! I admit I googled eau de nil as I was not familiar with it. I can imagine it is quite beautiful next to the lavender. My master bedroom (next to the bath described above) has lavender walls, blue ceiling and green carpeting. I have a verdigris canopy bed with blue/lavender sheers draped across the top. The bed is dressed in a cream crocheted coverlet with small purple flowers & green leaves. I accented with lots of cream crochet throw pillows and a few blue ones, along with a quilt thrown across the bottom in the same colors as the walls & ceiling.

I love my bed. It is so pretty and is the centerpiece of the room. The rest of my furniture is pretty dark except for 2 cream chairs and an old dresser I found & repainted white.

Overall, while I love the colors, the room tends to feel a bit dark and "cold." If I added a few more lights that would help warm it up.

Your living room colors sound lovely.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.