Print Thread
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Thinking about New Year's resolutions? Keep them simple and you'll feel the joy of accomplishment.

I just read that progress is measured in inches, not miles. Cheer yourself on and let's head into 2011 with gusto!

What is my New Year's Resolution? While I'd like to use this opportunity to overhaul my entire self, I have to remember that it's a resolution to improve--not a total mental/physical/professional makeover!

So...drum roll, please...

I resolve to discover unknowns this year. To try new things, explore new experiences. Whether I see new sights, visit new parts of this earth, taste new foods, hear new music and sounds, even wear something I normally wouldn't wear, learn something different, get to know someone new, I resolve to grow through experiencing unknowns.

I'll keep you all posted on the unknowns I've discovered!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Well, so far I started out the New Year keeping in line with my resolution to do new things. Usually, we celebrate ringing in the new year by staying home and watching the ball drop in NYC (on television). We didn't want to be out with all the drunks on the road! I'd make some noshes and sparkling cider but we'd be quiet and alone.

Last night, we rang in the new year with a small group of people at a party where we played a new game and made a lot of noise when 2011 arrived. I was so sleepy, but we all clinked glasses in a toast and my husband kissed me.

New things so far:

1. Rang in 2011 at a party.
2. Played a new game.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Today, I tried a new yoga video from On Demand/Cable. It was supposed to be a yoga/pilates program but had only one Pilates move. (shrug)

I liked it. Wasn't too hard and still left me feeling stretched out and clear-minded.

I also began an accountability journal on my computer and purchased a new planner.

These weren't the only things I've done today but they are the NEW and different activities per my New Year's resolution!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Today, I tried a Bollywood exercise video! Looks simple, but boy did it burn my thighs with all those squats. It was fantastic!

This may not sound like much, but I also tried a new tailor service. I always hem my own pants but don't do a very nice job of it so I tried Make It Fit. It was only $4.95 and the tailors there did a superb, professional job. Can't tell it was a refitting. I am SO glad to have tried this. What a difference it makes in my pants!

What else is new? My husband and I had a great discussion about finances and his fear about money. He agreed that we need to approach money with joy and find the passion and fun in managing it rather than avoiding it out of fear and ignorance.

Small and simple acts lead to big changes!

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I love this idea Lori! I tend to want to overhaul myself too LOL!!

This year for me is going to be about figuring out what I want, and what I think I want. That may sound crazy, but sometimes I think I want something because someone else things it's cool.

And I'll be doing it and think "why?" But I honestly DON'T know that as I go into it because I think I want it LOL!!

For example: I went and saw my husband's band play. I was so envious of all the fun they were having, and remembering how much fun I used to have when I was in a band.

Then they asked me to fill in as their bass player while one of their guys healed from hand surgery. And I could do some singing too! YAY! I was so excited - I'd wanted it so bad!

They I see their rehearsal schedule, and how much it conflicts with my personal schedule with my kids. Then they want to rehearse for like 8 hours - I'm a 2 hour rehearsal kind of gal. THEN they show up 3 hours LATE to rehearsal anyway!!

I ended up not doing it LOL.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Well, you have good intuition and that serves you well when you're faced with choices such as these, Deanna.

And yes, I am in need of an overhaul--BIG TIME! I was doing so well just a few years ago until I began to caretake. And suddenly, my lifestyle took a bad turn. I gained weight, feel sluggish, etc.

But lately, I'm determined to get my mojo back. My husband and I decided to age in reverse. So far, it's working great! I'm exercising again and low-carbing.

Anyway, back to your post: You have to know what you want and know what you don't want. You're doing great!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Oh, and as for something new...

I took my cousin and daughter to see a live Hollywood talk show taping. It was Dr. Phil. I actually got the tickets for my elderly aunt who loves his show but she declined at the last minute when she learned how cold the studio is. I went anyway and had a great time.

Even though I lived in the Los Angeles area for nearly all of my life, I never saw a live television taping.

Now, my daughter and I are thinking it might be fun to sign up as movie extras--just for the experience. smile

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I learned how to make a cool tote bag, for books or groceries, out of fabric and duct tape--no sewing! smile Waterproof, strong as heck (is heck strong?) Can be as cute as the fabric you choose and now duct tape comes in colors and prints.

If you want the pattern, do a Google search for duct tape tote.

Simple way to recycle fabric, too.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Another new experience...

I joined a new meetup group and met some new friends at a Classic Movie Night at the local theater. Really nice women. smile The purpose of the group is to meet for new and fun experiences, right up my alley. We'll be discussing books, trying new restaurants, traveling, playing bunco, crafting, viewing movies. This is so new for me. Strictly social. Usually, I meet others who share spirituality, hobbies, professional interests...

This group attracts women of different backgrounds. We'll be meeting again soon after I get back from the So. Cal. Editors Retreat in Palm Springs next week.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Today's new experience: The Lazy Dog Cafe. Cute place. There was a big sign that said, "Live like a cat. Drink like a dog."

I had to think about that for a long time. What does that mean? Drink like a dog. Lapping up liquid, slobbering it all over?

Moderated by  Tina - Living Simply 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.