Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
So, have you ever gone about your business to do something and had just one thing after another get in your way? I'm not talking on occasion or just an average inconvenience, but just crazy stuff that over the years other people actually notice as well!

Just this Christmas I called my husband and told him I needed him to pick up bandages, the cotton kind! He was all panicky and I said, "No, it's not like that, I just made some apple pie and cut my foot on an icicle...in the kitchen" wink

He responds, "Why does that not suprise me, how much blood have you lost?"

What Type of Magnetism Are You?

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Oh Goodness Elleise you have me laughing. Our husbands' know well that tone, don't they. For me it was "you have to take me to the hospital, and grab the frozen broccoli." He looked at my foot and went directly to the freezer.

In my family it's referred to as being a "Weird Magnet," and many of us are. When I worked for a large accounting firm, my office manager was amazed with my early morning calls to say I would be a little late. One morning there was a truck, upside-down blocking my driveway, and I lived on the straight portion of the road. A tree fell on my car as I was walking to the back door. Another time my car was infested with thousands of fire ants.

It's always an adventure for us "Weird Magnets!"

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Ok, this is wierd...

When I lived in Elpaso, I too lived on the straight portion of the road and I was looking out the kitchen window just about to bite into my bagle when a truck and trailer went over the bridge, the cab kept going but the chemical trailer landed upside down blocking my driveway and turning it pink and tearing down the transformer along with it. My mouth was still hanging open waiting for my bagel bite as I dropped the whole thing in the sink watching this all unfold.

And fireants? In Elpaso as well, out of the 2 acres I could have sat, yes...I found it. One mass giant fireant hill and I had to ferment in it awhile before it actually dawned on me what I was feeling. After looking at my backside I had nickle sized welts all up and down my tail pipe and legs. I called the hospital there and the snooty small town nurse said, "We in Elpaso don't have alleged fireants Ms Wilson"

I said, "You want to see alleged? I'll show you alleged!!!!!!!. " I hung up scoooped up a bottle of the little fellows and gifted them to her on her desk.

She huffed at me but two doctors came out. One gave me a shot of something and the other asked if I wanted to see what the ants looked like under the microscope? They looked like wasps with teeth and pinchers and were in fact fireants...

I knew I had a connection w/you wink

Latest Article

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 01/29/11 07:55 AM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
For years fire ants have been spreading out across the southern part of the country as fast as armadillos.

This is off topic, but important. An allergic reaction to fire ant bites doesn't generally happen the first time you have multiple bites. It will hit the next time and can be deadly. My daughter had gotten into a bed of them the year before my car was infested. That's why I had to vacuum them out before I put her in and was late for work.

Back to the topic...This question just popped in my head. Do you think it possible "Weird Magnets" attract other ones? I just realized how many are among my family and friends. Many of us are also paired with those considered "lucky" who seem to attract good fortune, like my husband. I was telling him about your post and began to repeat your husband's response

"Why does that" was as far as I got. He finished it verbatim "not surprise me."

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Some of the mechanics behind the 'weird magnet' effect may be outlined here in my article on empowering your working tools

Last edited by Ninjahedgewych; 01/30/11 07:28 AM.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
in england we have the gadfly that bites just the same as your fireants, it is mainly cattle and livestock that get bitten but we humans can get bit as well. my brother got bit about 3 years ago by them and it nearly killed him, the reaction was so severe, it is sometimes called a horsefly.

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
This past June I was in the garden pulling weeds and must have upturned a huge fire ant colony because thousands of them came up and crawled all over me, in my hair , everywhere. I had to go to the emergency room an hour and half later with swelling so bad, hard to breath and my lungs were on fire. I have to carry an epi pen since we have fire ants everywhere here. I had been biten a few times on my toes one or two bites but nothing like when I pulled the weeds. My next thought was those darn weeds can just stay there from now on.

As to the magnet, I seem to get attracted to by people that need help. It's like I am the magnet. I am always getting someone that needs to talk or a shoulder to cry on, etc. Sometimes I feel like when is it my turn to be the crying on spilling my feelings on someone and as I finish that thought someone else needs me and I take care of them; but I love the feeling I get by helping people. Just to see someone smile makes me feel good.

Last edited by Karen - Tarot Editor; 01/30/11 12:58 PM.

Karen Artino
BellaOnline.com/Tarot editor
Tarot Website
Tarot Forum
http://www.AnswersByTarot.com
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Quote:
I am always getting someone that needs to talk or a shoulder to cry on,

That's how I recognised my calling to be a visiting Pagan Chaplain at the local prisons: Stranger and stranger people kept telling my their problems - and I was able to help.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
That is fantastic Ian, I am an Ordained Minister and I thought about doing something like that. I have my certificate as a Spiritual Counselor and a Doctorate of Divinity. I got so many certifications that I think I just got them for myself, to help with my spiritual path, but the more I think on it the more I want to help more people.

Karen Artino
BellaOnline.com/Tarot editor
Tarot Website
Tarot Forum
http://www.AnswersByTarot.com
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
You�ve inspired my next article, thank you!!! smile

What I've found is "Weird magnets" are going to usually find odd things happening around them, and learn to joke about it because it happens so often.

A big tip off, you short things out a lot. I'm not talking about the people who claim they can turn off street lights, I'm talking about if a fuse is going to blow or light bulb bursts, your hand is the one that's generally going to do it, in the home, in the office, wherever. And, usually when you�re upset or thinking deeply.

Your physical and spiritual energies are going to be pronounced and often at odds with each other. So, where in general, people are just going to flow in a material environment and adapt to their surroundings. You on the other hand are going to thrive in a nature oriented or bodies of water environment.

You�ll be able to pick another like you out of a crowd and it will feel like a long lost family member when you do. You�ll also find, especially friends-wise, that you are spread out and meet by odd coincidence or key events that line you up with each other.

It�s a learning process, not to get caught up in what may initially appear as bad luck or low self-esteem. And when you do that, your �Weird Magnet� is going to hone the PERFECT partner, environment, etc. that sustains your continuing Soul development.

You�ll both still have issues, but the energy the two of you create together will go from awkward, in respect to maybe past relationships to, you�re finally getting somewhere physically, producing or flowing in this material world.

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 01/30/11 04:02 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.