Next Thread
Print Thread
#659191 01/28/11 04:50 PM
D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
I'd love for you to check out my latest article about decorating with color. It's about how color can affect the mood of your room and the difference between warm, cool and neutral colors.

Decorating with Color

What kind of mood/colors do you like to create in your home?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I live in a rented house at the moment and all the walls are 'magnolia' and all the paintwork is 'white'.

I must be a 'warm' person because if I had my way I would paint everywhere 'yellow' in varying shades. But then again I love 'green', so does that make me 'cool'?

I supplement the lack of colour in my room by having lots of pretty things about. Especially my two little pink birds! They fly about making everywhere colourful! lol

My sister's are both mad decorators. Every room in their houses is a different colour.

My best friend is mad about colour too. Her room is full of all the primary colours in every shade you can imagine. She has a multi-coloured chandelier!

I have a multi coloured glitter ball on my ceiling! I found it in a skip and couldn't resist putting it up.

Thanks for the article, has made me want to buy some paint and brushes!

Peace and hugs.

Linda Heywood

D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Hi Linda,
Pink birds, how cute!

Thanks for taking time to read my article - I'm glad it inspired you!

When I rented I did the same as you and filled my rooms with pretty colorful things. I had one bookcase filled with lots of blue china. When I finally had my own house to paint, the first thing I did was paint all the main level rooms in yellow, lol! I still have yellow rooms and just last year painted my family room green.

What is a skip? I googled UK skip and the closest I found was waste management. So, I'm guessing you found your glitter ball in what is the equivalent to a trash dump here in the US? How fun! I've found lots of great finds when people leave things on the curb for trash pick up. My most recent was a lamp and a small dresser. I painted the dresser white and put glass knobs and pretty architectural embellishments on the front and now it sits in my bedroom. The lamp I use in my art studio. I love free!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi Donna,

It seems we have very similar taste even down to the blue china! I collect small blue and white china objects!

Yes, a skip is a big metal bin that people can hire to throw out rubbish. They are in the streets and sometimes people throw away amazing things. Like my brand new multi-coloured glitter ball! I am always making good use of things other people don't want.

I am on the look out for a table for my sewing now.

I have a blank wall at the moment that I want to hang white 'fairy' lights down. The type that come in a net form that you can stretch open, but I am not sure how to hang it! Any tips welcome.

Me too I love free!

Linda Heywood

D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Hi Linda!
Did you find a table for your sewing? Tables are probably my number one pick when I'm looking for things at flea markets and such. Mostly because I'm aiming to refurbish them with my art, but also because I really love the variety of small end tables out there. I also like chairs - they seem to have so much personality, but I skip the wobbly ones.

How is it going with your fairy lights? Did you figure out a way to hang them?

S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
its a lovely article donna and a great help to people on how to decorate with colours, it will give nice ideas to everyone that reads it, there is nothing better than going into a house that is lovely and clean and just been painted especially in nice colours, it does help with your moods and is a nice therapy if you are feeling a bit down, i would paint every time i felt like it but i live with my sister and its her house, she does coloured stitched murals bright in colour and they look fab on the walls , we also have a carpet type tapestry of georgian times on our kitchen you wouldnt believe its been done on a loom. lawrence

D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Thanks for the nice comments on my article, Lawrence. I always appreciate the feedback! smile I know what you mean - I love to paint! My husband teases me that I like the smell of paint more than perfume, which I suppose is true! lol Your sister's murals and the carpet tapestry sound amazing! I love it when handcrafted items are used in home decor!

S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
hi donna , them mural type things she stitches are brilliant, this tapestry we have up was a gift from my brother to my sister, its quite valuable really, but money isnt everything. i like nice things with plenty of colour , black and whites are not as fashionable in our house lol even though my football team newcastle are those colours. have you ever heard of the antiques roadshow in england do you get it in virginia? if im painting with white and want to enhance it into arctic white i add a spot of blue to the paint and mix well, it stands out better. happy painting donna. lawrence.

D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Hi Lawrence, oh yes, we do get the Antiques Roadshow, but it's been a long time since I've watched it on t.v. and I've never been to one in person. It's fun to learn the history & value of each thing. I try to guess, but I'm usually off the mark, lol! Did you take your tapestry to the Antiques Roadshow?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.