logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#658406 01/25/11 04:34 PM
OP Offline
I am a big fan of essential oils for everyday ailments and problems. Lavender we all know is great for relaxing, but did you know it can help thicken/regrow hair? Bergamot is really great is you are breaking out and so is neem oil. Apparently you can even use carrot seed as an effective non-hormonal birth control. It is amazing how much benefit can come from just a bit of oil. Does anyone have experience using essential oils?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
yes adventure girl, i use essential oils and i use herbs as well, the best oils for aches and pains such as rheumatoid arthritis and muscle aches are indeed lavender as you say? add to this oil rosemary oil, eucalyptus oil and thyme, plus a carrier oil and you will have the best oil rub by far? if people rub olbas oil on aches and pains they will get relief from that oil too. the only thing about oils though is some people may have an allergy to some oils so common sense and trial should be used along with care. sprains in animals and aching muscles benefit from a massage of metholated spirits diluted and rubbed in to the muscles, however care must be taken near flames, and that the animal doesnt lick the spirit.

#661378 02/08/11 12:04 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Just happened upon this post, I have a friend that has become very well versed in essential oil use and so I've gotten into them too. I like lemon oil and eucaplyptus oil alot - I rotate putting a drop of each on a piece of paper towel at night, and placing it over the opening of my kid's humidifiers for the first few hours after they go to bed - it diffuses the scent throughout the room, and both are great for respitory health. They have not had any respitory problems since I started doing this about 2 years ago (knock on wood!) I also like lavender and peppermint for various medicinal purposes.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I remember picking up a bottle of Texas Cedarwood essential oil a couple of summers ago. As I smelled it, I thought I was going to burst into tears. So I composed myself, bought it, took it home and rubbed a bit on my palms and just inhaled - and then cried and cried. I guess it opened and cleared something. I now leave it on my night table... always within reach laugh

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

K
K
hi guys! i use omega 3 fatty acids from fish oil but they are capsules. does that count? :) wasn't a big fan of anything alternative meds but i've been reading a lot since i have cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HPN, and dry eyes in the family. apparently, fish oil can help ease the symptoms of these. so far, so good. i am on maxalife right now. :)

Last edited by kathiepeterson; 05/09/11 01:35 AM.
W
W
I have used essential oils for more than 10 years now, so much so that I trained to become a massage therapist. Essential oils are so versatile. You can use them in a massage, put them in a bath or steam bath for inhaling or just on a tissue to sniff and clear the nasal passages. And of course, they make a great addition to natural beauty products you can create. One thing to note is that, with one or two exceptions, essential oils should not be used neat on the skin. Always mix them into a carrier oil.

I
I
hi there, just want to add some info Did you know that carrot seed oil is not only good for the eye but also for our skin. It has the ability to rejuvenate our skin. This can maintain the youthful looks of our skin. hope it can help =)

Moderated by  AltmedVictoria 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.