I wish motivation came in bottles.
I have been finding it so hard to fit yoga or any exercise into my day. Walking four dogs is plenty of exercise really but I need to add some relaxation and stretching. My lower back aches and my hamstrings have become tight. I can't touch my toes any more!!!
Motivation tips too please!!
I can sense your frustration and I can empathize with how difficult it is to create time to practice yoga. Taking just a few minutes to do a gentle vinyasa like some Sun Salutations will help to open up your hamstrings. Perhaps you could set the time aside at a specific point in the day, such as when you get out of bed or right when you're ready to take your dogs out walking.
Doing this consistently will give you results quickly and I can't think of any better motivation than that
You'll feel a difference in your hamstrings and an overall sense openness in your body.
Here's an example of what a warm up and a Sun Salutation can look like:
1. Start in Child's Pose
2. Press into Downward Facing Dog
3. Come into a Forward Bend with feet hip-width distance apart and let the torso hang heavy to help open up the hamstrings.
4. Slowly rise up to Mountain Pose
5. Move through another Forward Bend
6. Half-way Lift
7. Chattarunga Dandasana - High Plank to Low Plank
8. Upward Facing Dog
9. Downward Facing Dog
10. Forward Fold
11. Repeat 4-10 as many times as you like.
Here's a video I found on YouTube that does a great job demonstrating Suryanamaskar A or Sun Salutation A.http://youtu.be/9r_KY_dbOWg