Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
PJK56 Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
P
I was wondering how you prepare your plants from the freezing temps? Since it is suppose to really get cold here in the Houston area, we carried our plants in containers into the garage, and covered all the others with blankets and sheets. We have so many plants and most of them are tropicals. Alot of work for just a few days since by the weekend it is suppose to be around 70 again. It sure beats having to buy new plants though, and our plants are blooming and have such beautiful flowers right now. Our hibicus have flowers and double impatients are just gorgeous right now.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Gecko
Gecko
D
How did it go with your plants, PJK? I'm afraid I have no experience in that area, but it sounds like you have a lovely yard. You might try asking in some of the garden forums. I would hate to see you lose anything!

P
PJK56 Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
P
Thanks Donna. We made it through that one, and got all the plants put back out again. It has been really nice here, and now this week it has really gotten cold and had to carry the plants around again into the garage and cover the ones that are in the ground. I don't know if the ones we covered will make it since we got down around 20's at night. Gosh this is bad, and suppose to start sleeting and snowing any minute now and through tomorrow. Keeping our fingers crossed, but not looking good. Hope everything is going good for you.

D
Gecko
Gecko
D
Things are going well here -- so far this winter we haven't had the snow/sleet/ice issues that so many other areas are having. Hope that your plants do okay!

P
PJK56 Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
P
Well, we had another blast and the plants are still in the garage. This weekend and for next week it is suppose to get back into the 70's and at night in the 50's. Finally!! I hope this was our last blast of winter weather like this and I can get the plants back out in the yard again, and uncover the ones that have been covered throughout the yard that are in the ground. I hope you are having a great day, and again thanks for caring.

D
Gecko
Gecko
D
Glad to hear you have some warmer weather ahead - I hope your plants make it! We had a light dusting of snow last night that has already melted, and it's supposed to get into the 50s in the coming days. My 7yo is very disappointed in the lack of snow & sledding opportunities this winter. Quite a change from last February when we lost power for days. We have been very fortunate in that regard this year! Take care!

P
PJK56 Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
P
Well, we are back in the 70's now and nights in the 50's. I guess we made it through without any loss of plants. We moved all the plants back around to the back yard and garden last sunday. Boy, I tell you, it sure feels good and looks good to have it all back in place again. It sounds like you lucked out on all the snow that the northern states had. I bet your 7 yr. old loves to sled. Maybe next year. I tell you, I'm ready for spring. Hope everything is going good for you, and thanks for caring when I was in panic mode for a few weeks. LOL Take Care!

D
Gecko
Gecko
D
Glad to hear everything made it! We are having unseasonably warm temperatures here today. It's lovely and my dogs are enjoying their walks much better, too!

P
PJK56 Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
P
Glad you are having great weather to. We are having temps in the mid 70's now, and at nights staying around 60. What kind of dogs do you have? With the nice weather, I bet they are. My dog, you can't get her to come in until it is time to go to bed. Now we just need some rain. I have been watering all the plants every other day. They are looking good!! Have a great week!!

D
Gecko
Gecko
D
Well, guess what? Since I lasted posted about our nice weather we've had snow (melted now), rain and today it is so windy I'm afraid to let my kids out in case the branches from the surrounding trees come down (which often happens around here when the wind picks up).

Our dogs are maltese/yorkie mixes and only weigh about 4.5 lbs each. They love their walks, but today it was really short because of this crazy wind. What kind of dog do you have?

Hope your plants are still doing well. Do you have any plants that you keep inside? I would love to have some cut flowers in the spring/summer/fall, but we have tons of deer here that eat everything we plant. I think flowers really make a wonderful decorative accent to a room. Didn't I read you have floral swags on your walls in the other thread? Did you make them yourself?

Okay, too many questions for one post! lol

Have a great weekend!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.