logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I loved the Marion Zimmer Bradley book Mists of Avalon. I read it when I was pregnant with my second child. For one small, tiny, wee moment I had the illusion that the baby I carried was a girl because of reading this book.

When I finished it I said to my husband, "If you think this is going to be a girl your will be disappointed, its another boy."

I was right. I knew both times I was carrying boys.

Linda Heywood

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Isn't it wonderful, Linda, to step into another world for just a little while?

When I was expecting my first child, my husband's aunt tied a quarter on a string and held it over my belly. The quarter spun to the left and she said I would have a boy -- she was right.

Marion Zimmer Bradley is a very good writer and made me feel so much a part of Avalon.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Phillys I have heard of the possible grave of King Arthur. The Abbey has a webpage that talks of it:

King Arthur and Avalon.

I also am drawn by the mythology that suggests his final resting place may never be found, that he rests in a cave waiting to be reawoken, that his body was sent by boat over seas to a final resting place...

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

OP Offline
Thank you, Asha, for the link. I love doing research on the Arthurian legends. I have so many books on it and some tapes by Joseph Campbell. I agree with you that Arthur's final resting place may never be found just as Merlin's will not.

I have three books by Norma Lorre Goodrich titled "Merlin", "King Author", and "Guinevere", in which she presents a definitive work in the effort to prove the historical authenticity of King Arthur. Since they are research writings of historical facts, they are not very easy to read. They do however, provide some very interesting information. Goodrich points out that the search for Arthur goes back to an obscure time of the Dark Ages where much knowledge has been lost. Those centuries (fifth and sixth) were at a crossroads in historical time -- it is when the ancient world was closing in chaos and the Middle Ages were approaching quickly, which also ended in very turbulent times. Dull at times, but very interesting books to read. They help me to see the Arthurian legends a little more clearly.

Still, I think I prefer reading "Mists of Avalon", "Excalibur", "The Once and Future King".....

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
Every time the mists roll over my little mountain and down into the cove, I will think of Dave. Thank you, Dave.

Avalon is a place of peace, just beyond the realm of our imaginations. Let your imagination go beyond.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
A mist came down the little mountain early this morning, just before sunrise. It was just slightly chilly, but I did not put on a jacket or shawl. The chill was just refreshing. I watched the mists moving slowly around the cove and thought how wonderful it would be to walk through it.

But with that big ol' bull snake out there somewhere, I felt safer sitting behind the railing of my patio.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.