logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
braves Offline OP
OP Offline
B
My husband and I have been married for almost two years. He has two daughters that are 14 and 16. I don't have any children because of medical reasons. His ex wife has been nothing but a pain from the beginning. Dosen't work, has 4 kids all school age, always asking for money etc etc. Ya know nothing is ever good enough type. The youngest daughter moved in with us about 8 months after we got married because of the way she was being treated at her mothers. My husband continued to pay the child support instead of going to court so that his daughter could avoid the wrath of her mother. She has lived with us for 9 months and everything has been great...until a few weeks ago. I can't count the times she has come home crying because of something they have said to her. Her step father has said several nasty things to me in the past 6 months and I have alwayys ignored him because the kids were around. About 3 weeks ago she went out to eat with them and he cussed her and told her she wasn't welcome at his house and that her dad would pay.She has been over there now for a week and avoided all calls from her dad. I have seen her twice when she has come by here to get something and she has acted stand offish which is not like her. This past weekend we saw the stepfather at a store and he tried to start something. I am so confused and my feelings are hurt. I need some advice !!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Hi braves:

Being a step parent is never easy and hats off to you for trying.

Please seek some counseling as there is never an easy or just one solution to what you are going through.

You love your husband, and will have to accept him for who he is although I agree, he needs to take care of this legally.

As far as your step daughter acting standoffish, that is normal. She is probably going through her own changes and her mom's household is not helping her deal with them. Right now she is probably so confused, so try not to take her behavior personally.

Right now, you need to take care of you = talk, vent, heal - whatever it takes to eliminate the hurt and rejection you are feeling. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. We do care!

Angela smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.