Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#654919 01/09/11 05:00 PM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Hi,
I'm baaaaack! Sorry for the lack of articles, but it is a new year, holiday stuff put away, kids back to school, work almost caught up. So...

I have just posted an article about ten of the reasons I like knitting.

Add the reasons you like knitting here!

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Knitting Guild of Santa Cruz
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hello Marge. My name is LCP and I have a very large yarn stash:)

Loved your top ten list. The only thing I can add is the creativity knitting generates and sustains in me. So many yarns, so many possibilities. And the creativity spreads to other things as well.

Hope your Holidays were wonderful.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
J
Koala
Koala
J
I'm with you, Marge! I also have a huge yarn stash. It's like an addiction. I also love the color and texture of yarn. You can often find me in my local yarn shop, fingering the luscious silks and alpaca yarns.

I have champagne tastes on a beer budget tho-lol

BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
Yes I am another one with an enormous stash! It's got to the point that I have no space for any more, so I made a New Year Resolution not to buy any more yarn this year but to work on knitting up what I have.

Your article is so true though - there are so many things for us knitters to buy that even if we stop on the yarn there's something else to fill the hole!

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
My holidays were lovely, and yours. Mine included some new knitting needles, that I love love love. Signature Needle arts, my husband is a great guy!

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Yarn shops are the first thing I look for in a town!

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I make that resolution nearly every year, but never fulfill it! I'm going to Stitches West in California next month, and I'm thinking of leaving credit card in my car, and only taking $20!

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
K
K
Marge, Thanks for the articles and updates....i always appreciate your thoughts... Love your 10 reasons...i look at knitting as a kind of anchor in my life.... Knitting for home, knitting for the road, mindless knitting for watching tv and movies, knitting special gifts needing to concentrate... Knitting always meets me where i am, time and concentration-wise. So, more reasons to have a varied stash... Thanks again- Kerri

I love knitting. Period. And then there is sock knitting. I can easily say that I am completely obsessed with sock knitting. I can take it with me anywhere, fits into my purse. I pull it out at meetings, when I wait for somebody, when I have time between meetings I go to our small coop, or our wonderful bookstore and knit. Easy peasy. I am so obsessed that I have even produced a video about sock knitting. That's call dedication.

Cheers
Lida

NOTE: New users are not allowed to add links/urls nor images of any kind to their posts or signature!

Last edited by Sadhana - Indian Food; 02/12/13 04:18 PM.
J
Koala
Koala
J
I thought of another reason I love knitting. We are snowed in today so I'm brewing a pot of tea, putting on a Masterpiece Theater that I recorded and I'm finishing a scarf I'm knitting for my daughter.

Knitting helps me fill any time I need to fill so I'm never bored and I'm also being productive.

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I too, love everything about knitting, but right now sitting with a pot of tea, some Mint Milanos and my knitting seems just about the perfect way to spend the day.

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I made the same "No more Yarn" resolution for this year. It was a necessity, as I would have to make room for any more. So far, so good. It's been over 2 months since I did my thrift store route. Withdrawal is hard!

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
if my sister isnt stitching murals she is knitting, she has raynauds disease and it keeps her circulation good. she knits baby cardigans and hats and booties and gives them away, everyone has been asking her of late to make them for them. if she put them up for sale she would make a living from them, crochet work is a favourite of hers also, wool is getting expensive now but she still goes ahead clicking.

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
It is lovely that your sister is able to continue to knit. Post pictures of her items if you can.

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.