logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#654329 01/06/11 06:55 PM
R
OP Offline
R
where can I find an OBJECTIVE, SCRIPTURAL study of the Rapture and The Second Coming--online, a book, etc. I want to compare the scriptural proofs of a PRE, MIDDLE or POST Rapture in a fair way to make up my own mind. Wikipedia has a good article on "Rapture" but it does not give the scriptural proofs. And I don't want to get someone's opinion--I want to see it all laid out and make up my own mind. any ideas? Raven

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Shark
Shark
L
Boy, that's a tall order. The first challenge is that, of course, the word rapture doesn't appear in Scripture. Rather than proofs, you're looking at different ways of interpreting various passages throughout the New Testament that people believe to refer to the rapture and the second coming. The second challenge is that although many books and articles have been written on the end times, finding one that doesn't feature the author's conclusions would be difficult. Those conclusions are often swayed not only by what Scripture says, but by the writer's presuppositions: how she views God's word, Jesus, and history.

That said, two books from my shelves that I can recommend are these: 1) The Master Plan by David Reagan. Dr. Reagan is an evangelical Christian, and quite straightforward in his interpretation of the Bible. I like that. 2)The Pre-wrath Rapture of the Church by Marvin Rosenthal. Also an evangelical Christian (and a messianic Jew), Mr. Rosenthal has a slightly unconventional take on the timing of end-time events, but one that I think has much merit. Both of these books have Scripture references throughout, so that you'll be able to look up all the relevant passages and do your own study of them.

If you read works by mainline, liberal authors, you may find the rapture spiritualized away and possibly ridiculed. Online content is going to be all over the map (and way off the edges!). The old adage to "consider the source" should be heeded when reading about Christianity, and especially end-times on the internet.

Readers, if anyone knows of other reliable resources for RavenNevermore to look for, please chime in. I'm always looking for good books on the subject, too!

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.