logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
ifsucks Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Wondering if there is anyone out there that has suffered from immune issues that have prevented a successful pregnancy. I just lost my first ever pregnancy, of triplets after IVF, and am completely devastated.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
This post has been deleted

Last edited by Hannah - Infertility; 01/07/11 06:04 PM.
I
ifsucks Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I asked for an answer about immune issues after a tragic loss. It would be very noble of you to answer questions that you are educated about instead of offering opinions, you know what they say about opinions dont you?

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
How devastating this issue must be for you. I hope you are ok.

Under Health and Fitness, you might get some helpful information from:

Vanessa in the Pregnancy forum
or
Christine in the Miscarriage forum

Wish I knew how to answer your question, but Vanessa or Christine may be able to give you some educated answers. I am sure Kat1980 was just trying to be helpful.

I wish you all the best in your search for some answers and for your future. Miscarriages are so emotionally difficult and seeking information from others is a good step in the right direction. I admire you for that.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
H
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
H
I'm so sorry to hear that you pregnancy ended so tragically. After a first miscarriage it is often difficult to even get testing as many physicians require you to have two or three miscarriages before checking out possible causes. Very frustrating.

One main cause of first trimester losses that may coexist with your NK cell issue - and frequently goes undiagnosed - is thyroid antibodies.You may want to get tested for TPO and TG thyroid antibodies too - and get your thyroid tested. A TSH over 2.5 is known to increase miscarriage risks even though this is considered normal. A high/normal thyroid is a very frequent cause of miscarriage that you may want to check.

Regarding immunologic causes of miscarriage the book Is Your Body Baby Friendly by Dr. Alan Beer is enormously helpful, see the review in the book review section. I frequently send my clients with recurrent miscarriage issues for immunologic testing to a Dr. Kwa Kim or Dr. Carolyn Coulham both in Chicago. They are wonderful pioneers in the wonderful work of miscarriage prevention and I highly recommend them. They both offer treatments for NK cells which may be helpful to you if you haven't pursued this.

Celiac disease / gluten intolerance is another under-diagnosed cause of miscarriage that you may like to explore in case it coexists with the NK cell issue.

I hope that this helps, if you have any further questions please post them and I will do my best to help, Take care, Hannah

Hannah Calef

Infertility Editor

Moderated by  Hannah - Infertility 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.